Outnumbered - question about the SafeSeat - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Carseats 101 Kids in the car? Buckle them in and do it right. Need ideas? Come inside!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-01-2009, 10:22 AM Thread Starter
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Outnumbered - question about the SafeSeat

ON - I have my 14 month old in a SafeSeat in my car. She's really quite small - she's probably about 19 lbs and around 26 inches long. If she hits 2 years old and she is still within the weight/height limits for that seat is there any reason to NOT keep her in there?

I'm kind of thinking ahead to January when I'll have the baby too. If I can just sling the baby, and put B's carseat in the stroller frame for things like school pickup it would make life easier, especially in the cold winter months. Not having to get her out, get her all bundled up, etc., would be nice.

I do have another infant seat (the smaller Graco which I pretty much only used for about 6 months) which I can use for the new baby so it isn't a matter of needing the SafeSeat for that purpose.

Sorry to ramble on, I was reading your thread with PAP and I started thinking about how tiny Becky really is!

Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-01-2009, 02:14 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Yup, if she's under 30 pounds and has at least 1" of plastic shell over her head you can keep her in it. My 60th percentile by height daughter still 'fit' in the SafeSeat infant carrier at two years old, with an inch of shell and at 28 pounds.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-01-2009, 02:16 PM
Punk Kids - 12 Years Old & 7 Years Old

Send a message via Yahoo to PunkassPie
Dude I just lugged my baby in her SafeSeat into her room because she fell asleep in the car. I almost toppled over, I think combined that thing weighed half as much as I do Click here to enlarge. Totally came in handy though.

It's not a feeling, it's a knowing.

Trippin

Diva ~
Quote:
I'll buck the trend, I don't think her kids are all that in the cute department. not all kids are cute. they have other attributes that make up for that, but look at tweedle's aiden, that is a cute kid. and your kids mel, those are adorable kids. Her's are average. I wouldn't take a second look passing her on the street.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-01-2009, 03:31 PM Thread Starter
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

It is a heavy seat, PAP! I'm impressed you were able to carry it that far - seat to stroller is enough for me. Click here to enlarge

Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-02-2009, 07:00 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I don't carry the Safe Seat with Ds in it at all, If it's taken out of dh's truck, then it's taken out empty. Click here to enlarge I can't imagine carrying it with ds at this point.

For me personally, I'm thinking ds will fit in it past two, but I'm not sure how well he'll do being that reclined(he already dislikes it a bit and I've adjusted the seat to be as upright as I possibly can) for that long, KWIM? I'm going to keep it around as a spare seat though.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 10:13 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I've avoided carrying my son in his car seat for ages now (he's almost 25lbs) BUT that thing came in handy when I was picking up my new car and it was just him and me. I strapped him into it, set it out on the sidewalk and he watched me unload all our crap from the old car into the new one. I got the job done and he wasn't able to run out into traffic. We've just switched seats though, so no more of that.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 10:16 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodakbabe View Post
I don't carry the Safe Seat with Ds in it at all, If it's taken out of dh's truck, then it's taken out empty. Click here to enlarge I can't imagine carrying it with ds at this point.

For me personally, I'm thinking ds will fit in it past two, but I'm not sure how well he'll do being that reclined(he already dislikes it a bit and I've adjusted the seat to be as upright as I possibly can) for that long, KWIM? I'm going to keep it around as a spare seat though.
If you install it without the base, you can probably get it more upright, all the way to 30 degrees.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-07-2009, 12:18 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

True, but DH's explorer is a pain to install seats in as it is though, so I don't know if I could even get it in without the base. That, and I don't trust him to install it correctly without the base, KWIM?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in