Strap Problem - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Carseats 101 Kids in the car? Buckle them in and do it right. Need ideas? Come inside!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 06:15 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Strap Problem

I currently have an EvenFlo Titan installed with LATCH in my 2001 Caravan. Dd is 26m and about 28lbs. The straps are in the topmost shoulder height slots.

The problem I'm having is with the loosening of the straps to get dd out. It seems to take much more strength and effort than should be necessary, almost as if the friction of the strap along the backside of the seat is too much. Everything appears to be in good working order and when testing the pull from the bottom rear of the seat when uninstalled it's smooth and easy. It's getting to the point where SO, who has a rotator cuff injury, can't operate the seat on her own at all.

Any tips or suggestions? I even tried a strip of duct tape on the shell to see if the strap would glide better. Is this just a POS seat? I don't really want to have to purchace another one if I don't have to!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-03-2010, 06:42 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Actually the titan is crap, sorry. Where is she in relation to the top slots? The ones on that seat are really low, and chances are she'll outgrow it very soon(once her shoulders are above the top slots) And really, the fact that she's only 26m and using the top slots is an indication of how close she is to outgrowing it.

As for the straps, are you sure you have the straps run correctly? Fail that, I'd call Evenflo.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in