Who here works full time? - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Syber Students Support for Moms in school.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-23-2003, 10:08 AM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Who here works full time?

How is that working for you? How many credits are you taking? When? How is affecting the homefront?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-06-2004, 09:05 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Omg, nobody??? Just me?

Anyway, I opted for 6 credits this semester. 3 are on-line, and 3 are night classes (3 are microsoft classes, 1 credit each). If I'm incredibly amazing, I'll take on an extra 3 credits as a short course toward the end of the semester. This is rewarding but sucks at the same time, weird.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-07-2004, 09:10 AM
Whore hamper
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to Hootie McBoob
I work +/- 30 hours per week. I take anywhere from 9-12 hours each semester. It's stressful as shit.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. -George Orwell
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-07-2004, 11:51 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Dang Hootie that's a tough load to carry and work basically FT.

I work FT and tried to go to school FT (grad school) but just couldn't do it all. I now just ake one class at a time and it'll take me forever to finish. My goal is to work my position in to PT and up my course load again.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-07-2004, 08:29 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via AIM to Tattoo Send a message via Yahoo to Tattoo
That's what I did, likin'. I worked FT for what felt like my entire life. An opportunity in my office finally opened up for me to go part-time and I jumped on it. I would never have been able to go back and work FT, it just wouldn't have been possilble for me. I give anyone who does that a HUGE amount of credit. I bow down to you all. Click here to enlarge

It's a boy! Anthony Michael, born at 1:24 pm on March 7, 2012! 7lb 14 oz, 20" long

Nope, not getting rid of the ticker. Have you clicked me lately!

Not getting rid of this ticker either.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-08-2004, 05:50 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I only work 20 hrs a week usually, but also sub teach some. But I am taking 14 hrs this semester, plus girl scout leader. I could not imagine working FT. You guys are awesome.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-08-2004, 01:15 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to 1HotMama
Hootie works like a Jamaican and has the stamina of a sex addictin a room full of pussy. She is the eigth fuckin' wonder.

I work full time. I only took 3 credits last semester and it wasn't bad at all except for that whole forgetting my final paper thing. Click here to enlarge I should've put it on my calendar, now I know not to be such a freakin' moron. I'm going to take 6 in the coming semester. So we'll see how it goes. It is somewhat difficult on the homefront because dh travels once or twice a month a work so occasionally I haven't been able to find anyone to pick up dd and I have had to miss class.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-12-2004, 10:40 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to bluebonnet
Click here to enlarge I work full time. I'm taking 6 credits - one online class and one evening class that's two nights a week.

My house will probably look like a tornado swept through it until this summer. Click here to enlarge
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-14-2004, 03:57 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I worked full time during many of my college years. You just have to fit the studying in in between work, kids and cleaning.

Last semester I took a 3 credit 100 level Literature class that was harder (more homework/papers) than my hardest 400 level Psych class.

In 1995 I took 12 credits and worked full time at night. That sucked though because I barely ever saw my son. After that semester I quit school for 7 years only to discover when I went back last semester that I only needed ONE class to graduate.

Sometimes there are support groups on campus (online for my school even though it's a traditional school) for non-traditional students. You mght want to look into that. The people on our support group had a lot of great ideas on how to deal with parenting/working/schooling.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-14-2004, 09:06 AM
MHM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I don't work full time either.
I will be working about 15- 16 hours a week this coming semester- 3 hours each at 2 different schools, and then about 10 hours a week at my paid job at my kid's preschool.
I have been taking about 14 to 16 credit hours each semester- this semester will be 16.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-16-2004, 06:51 AM
JMArsement
Ambulance Chaser

I work almost 30 hours a week, and attend grad school at night. Last semester I took 2 grueling classes, and it almost did me in. This semester I opted to only take one class-to focus on my grades and my sanity!

:high5 to all moms out there who do this, its tough-but I know it will be worth it in the long run.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-16-2004, 07:48 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I've done it in the past. I'm wokring full time this year again, but it's real estate (you can all go EWWWWWW! SLIMEY!! now but you try getting a job as a high school earth science teacher OR a science editor around here). I know it'll get hectic so I'm trying my damnedest to get my school shit done ASAP.

It's tough and I admire those of you doing it. It's really fucking hard to do it all.

Praise Xenu!
Kick ass art.

"I was just arguing global warming again this past week with someone. She watched Gore's POS movie and believes every freckin' work of it. I told her that he can't even get the hurricane on the cover to spin the right way, and that's just the START of the problems with that movie. Needless to say the conversation with her went downhill from there." -- a meteorologist friend

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in