I seriously need thesis help - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Syber Students Support for Moms in school.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-14-2004, 09:10 AM Thread Starter
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Unhappy I seriously need thesis help

I'm having a really difficult time with my thesis because I'm not sure what they want of me. I got the markups on my first chapter and they're not bad (mostly it sounded more like a magazine article than it should have in places). But I have no idea how to go about doing the rest. I sound like an idiot, I know (especially as I've been a writer and editor for so long). But frankly, I've never even seen a thesis before. And I don't have the benefit of the course to teach me how to do this. I'm on my own here and I'm frustrated and lost.

If you have written a thesis and would be willing to let me read yours, or if you know where I can find GOOD examples online of actual, full-text theses, please LMK. PM me or something.

Click here to enlarge

Praise Xenu!
Kick ass art.

"I was just arguing global warming again this past week with someone. She watched Gore's POS movie and believes every freckin' work of it. I told her that he can't even get the hurricane on the cover to spin the right way, and that's just the START of the problems with that movie. Needless to say the conversation with her went downhill from there." -- a meteorologist friend
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-14-2004, 09:12 AM Thread Starter
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Oh, for those who don't know, the reason I don't have the course to help me with this is because we moved this summer and my college allowed me to take the thesis via distance since it was all I really had left to do and I'm so close to having my MA. So basically I'm totally on my own.

Praise Xenu!
Kick ass art.

"I was just arguing global warming again this past week with someone. She watched Gore's POS movie and believes every freckin' work of it. I told her that he can't even get the hurricane on the cover to spin the right way, and that's just the START of the problems with that movie. Needless to say the conversation with her went downhill from there." -- a meteorologist friend
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-14-2004, 09:33 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I'm sorry I can't help, but my Dh just finished his Masters thesis in oct. It was in philosopy (I don't know what yours is in). If you need basic format help, I can ask him for you.

PM me with what you need to know, specifically, and I'll see if he can help.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-14-2004, 02:00 PM
Whore hamper
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to Hootie McBoob
Dissertations are usually bound and placed in the school library. Can you use some of them as a reference?

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. -George Orwell
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-14-2004, 06:20 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I second looking in a school library...
I googled to see if there are any online you could look at, and I found these:

http://www.etdguide.org/

http://www.dissertationsandtheses.com/

The second one is suspicious, it seems to be a cheaters' catalogue, for people who want to buy/plagarize...but still you could maybe get some insight?

I'd email you mine, but the only copy I still have is trapped in the old computer that crashed Click here to enlarge...and my college library can't find their bound copy.Click here to enlarge
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-14-2004, 06:39 PM Thread Starter
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

If the roads aren't too bad tomorrow, I may try to find the library at the U of M after work. So far I've been luckless there. That damned campus is spread to hell and back. If I can't find it while it's still light out I may have to go to MSU, which really sucks. It's been next to impossible to go anywhere, even to the public library, because dh works every day of the week and I haven't anyone to watch the kids for extended periods. I can't ask my 15yo to do that for me. Click here to enlarge Yeah, I know it sounds like I'm making excuses, but I'm not. We just started a new business and dh works his ass to the bone outside in raw weather ripping barns apart and running the heavy machinery, seven days a week. It's extremely frustrating. We moved here to be closer to my ILs so they could help out while we got the business going and I finished my degree, but they only want to help out with two of the kids; they never want the baby because he's "spoiled" and my MIL won't watch any of them on weekends.

MeMeMe - I saw that cheat site. There's a bunch of them. Click here to enlarge I found a couple theses online but they weren't all that good, IMO. And finding something that's even close to what I'm doing has been a nightmare.

I'm in tears because now my printer won't respond and my wireless network is fucked up and my server keeps shutting itself down. It's all getting to me. Except for a brief, 2 year hiatus I've been a college student now since 1990. I'm tired. And my fucking degree isn't going to do a goddamned thing for me now that I left NJ and can't get my Substance Abuse Councilor's (SAC) certification, which was my whole goal in getting this stupid ass degree. I have to start all over with a psychology program after this. Click here to enlarge

Wow. I'm being a total whiner. I'm sorry. I don't usually whine. Click here to enlarge

Praise Xenu!
Kick ass art.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-15-2004, 08:31 AM
Whore hamper
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to Hootie McBoob
I'm sorry you are having such a hard time. I did an on-line search but could not come up with anything. I did find a site that will write your entire dissertation for you including data collection and statistical analysis. (yikes)

I still think the library will be your best resource.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. -George Orwell
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-15-2004, 06:44 PM
MHM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Sorry, no help, but Click here to enlarge
I wish you luck. Just try to calm down and take it a little at a time. You're going to do great on it.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-16-2004, 10:31 AM Thread Starter
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Thank you. You guys made my night.

And thanks to the ones who PM'd me too. Click here to enlarge

Praise Xenu!
Kick ass art.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in