Organic Chemistry Help~~Nursing students - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Syber Students Support for Moms in school.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-30-2004, 12:41 AM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Organic Chemistry Help~~Nursing students

Okay, not sure how to go about this without posting a novel, but here goes it.

I'm an LVN finishing up the last few prerequisites before I can apply to an LVN to BSN program (applying this fall). A year ago, I had to drop out of school due to personal circumstances. The circumstances improved to where I could go back to school but then I was diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor (form of bone cancer).

Finally, I just registered for classes again. The only class I could get into was (THE hideous...THE dreaded) O-Chem. I hate chemistry...I can't even begin to describe how much I hate chemistry and this a semester of O-Chem in SIX weeks.Click here to enlarge

I am a great student, but treatment has left me feeling a little less than confident in my memory/comprehension skills, KWIM? Is there anyone who enjoyed or at least understood O-Chem enough to h.elp me, maybe tutor me through any rough spots? I dug out all of my notes and stuff from inorganic chemistry and have started to work through the basics as a refresher. It's been a year and a half since my last chemistry class and I wanted to refresh my memory. Click here to enlarge

I don't have points to donate but I would be more than willing to send a gift to show my appreciation afterwards. My class starts 6/21-7/29 so it's not a HUGE commitment.Click here to enlarge

Sorry about posting the novel. I'm lousy at asking for help, but over the past year I've learned sometimes you just have to do it. I would be grateful for anything...really!

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-30-2004, 09:30 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I haven't taken Organic yet so I'm of no help there but I just wanted to say good luck. You'll do wonderfully!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-01-2004, 09:52 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I've not taken organinc either, but I would help with anything you need if I can. I took Chem last summer. 8 weeks 4 nights a week for 3 hours. It was a killer but I got an A.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-01-2004, 10:07 AM
Eryn
Ambulance Chaser

We don't take o chem at my school. Instead, they have a special one-semester chem class for nursing majors that briefly covers what they think you'll need to know, including a few weeks of basic organic stuff at the end. I learned more organic in high school, when I took two years of chem and they included a semester of organic. If you had a question I knew the answer to I'd be happy to help, but I'm sure you'll be going more in-depth than I ever did, and my high school chemistry was seven years ago. Good luck!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-01-2004, 11:15 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I can help too. Before making a living with computers, I was a hs natural sciences teacher, and that involves taking o-chem courses.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-02-2004, 10:42 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Thank you! Click here to enlarge

I am in your debt! Click here to enlarge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in