I have hit a brick wall - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Syber Students Support for Moms in school.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-25-2007, 06:04 PM Thread Starter
Ambulance Chaser

I have hit a brick wall

I don't know what my problem is, but I sure hope I get past it really soon. I am procrastinating EVERYTHING. I'm at the end of week 3, and I still haven't even settled on a topic for my term paper. (HELLO! My term is only 8 weeks long!) I have homework due in 2 hours, yet here I am on Sybermoms. The class isn't boring at all... it's a Social Sciences course, and it's quite interesting, really. I'm just having a hard time with getting/being/staying motivated.

Click here to enlarge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-25-2007, 06:26 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I could have written this exact post. Click here to enlarge

I have a project due tomorrow and I am here. Click here to enlarge It's not a complicated project but I am totally procrastinating it.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-25-2007, 06:36 PM Thread Starter
Ambulance Chaser

Quote:
If you were a psychologist and you wanted to look at the connection between single parenthood and social class, what type of research design would you choose? What would be the dependent and independent variables? Explain the steps you would follow to do the research and why you chose the particular research. Use the text and readings to develop your answer.
This is my homework assignment that's due in less than two hours. I seriously have not even started.
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-25-2007, 06:43 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Mine is for nutrition - I have to put together a 3-day analysis of everything I ate, and run it through a program and then write a lot of stuff about what minerals I don't get enough of, what I am eating too much of, yadda yadda yadda. I actually like this class, but this assignment feels a lot like busy work.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-25-2007, 09:14 PM Thread Starter
Ambulance Chaser

You know, it's funny that you mention that the assignment feels a lot like busy work, because that's exactly what I wailed to my husband about an hour ago during my moment of irrationality about my assignment. Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-26-2007, 03:49 AM
Ali
Unsupportive Freeloader

I feel you both. I just can't seem to get motivated since I found out I was accepted into my program for the fall. I have a paper and presentation due this morning at 11:00 and I haven't even started yet.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-26-2007, 07:38 AM
Beauty in flight
Hard-Core Sybermom

Location: On my lazy ass in this computer chair when I should be cleaning my house

Send a message via Yahoo to Turbo
I feel ya, Salty. I cannot for the life of me get motivated for my Micro class. Once I'm actually doing it, I'm fine but I just don't want to open my notebook and start. And that class also has tons of homework assignments that definitely feel like busy work (it's all copying notes from class and slapping on the conclusions, which she also gave us in class Click here to enlarge). I got very spoiled with A&P because I much prefer testing over homework anyday. Click here to enlarge
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-26-2007, 08:38 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to Hatchy Milatchy
omg, I just rememebered I should be reviewing my muscles. I am logging off now.

I find there's no better motivator than a fear of failure. AP taught me that. Click here to enlarge
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-26-2007, 02:40 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

SHIT! I wish I would have seen this yesterday I have a paper on this exact topic from last semester. Not that I would have cheated and given you the whole paper Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge but I could have helped give you some ideas to get started if you needed them.

Fuck All Y'All Bitches in 2012... and 2013 and probably in 2014 too!
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-27-2007, 01:23 PM
hydrolized gelatin, chick embryonic fluid, and human diploid cells from aborted fetal tissue
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to Mystickal Mama Send a message via Skype™ to Mystickal Mama
I would just like to say "thank-you" as sarcastically as I can... Click here to enlarge Because I was on a fucking roll until I read this thread, and now I seem to have caught the bad mojo here and can't get my ass in gear to wrap up this research paper and send it in. Click here to enlarge
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-27-2007, 04:36 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to pumpkinsmom
I'm with you all. Click here to enlarge Perhaps spring fever has become an epidemic that is sucking the motivation out of everyone?

Cancer is a word not a sentence.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-27-2007, 05:09 PM
Ambulance Chaser

I've been in this mode for two weeks. Click here to enlarge I'm just having a hard time working up the give-a-shit that I need to get moving on a philosophy paper I have to do.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-27-2007, 06:54 PM Thread Starter
Ambulance Chaser

Click here to enlarge all around

pumpkinsmom, I honestly hadn't even thought about that. Seriously. It makes a lot of sense, because all I've wanted to do is go play tennis, basketball, go for walks, take the kids to the pool, etc... basically anything but be inside.

I think you might be on to something. Click here to enlarge
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-28-2007, 01:02 AM
Ambulance Chaser

Click here to enlarge

You guys are great! I totally could have been studying for two tests that I have to complete by the end of the week.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007, 10:14 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I'm not the only one who can't get it up for school this quarter Click here to enlarge
Jeebus, Spring quarter only started this week and I've been queen of procrastination. I have a little paper due for my psyc. class which I think I can crank out Click here to enlarge, but I need to pay a lot more attention to my managerial accounting class....bah.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-01-2007, 03:23 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Did you get the assignment done, Salty? If so, how'd you motivate yourself?
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-01-2007, 07:22 PM Thread Starter
Ambulance Chaser

Yes, I did finish the assignment on time. My motivation, you ask? Fear of failure. Click here to enlarge
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 08:55 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to TripleA
How do they expect me to get motivated and plan ahead when I keep getting A's on papers I write at the last minute and B's on the ones I work on for weeks. I am thankful for SM for forcing me to procrastinate. Click here to enlarge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in