CPA Exam - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Syber Students Support for Moms in school.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-14-2007, 07:07 AM Thread Starter
Sulphur Crested Cockatoo
Hard-Core Sybermom

CPA Exam

While I'm not actually a student anymore, I am getting ready to start studying again for the CPA Exam. Think I can get a little support here? Click here to enlarge

If you don't know anything about this exam, I'll break it down for you. There are 4 sections. I have to pass all 4 within 18 months. Each section will probably take me 1-2 months to study and prepare for the exam.

The pass rate of this exam is low. I have already taken and failed one section. Failure this time around is not an option. Click here to enlarge

Ds is finally going to bed at a regular time, so I think I can start studying about 2 hours each night. While this is going to cut into any sort of life outside my home, it is only for a short time and will be very beneficial in the long run financially. I am also shooting for passing this exam before I have any more children, which I would like to start trying again in about a year and a half. I'm a little overwhelmed at taking all this on again, but it needs to be done. Click here to enlarge

Happy studying to all!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-14-2007, 07:48 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Good luck!! I took the course for a similar accreditation in Australia, to become a Chartered Accountant, we call it.

I too failed one section once, the audit one! But, now it's all just a distant memory.... man, I'm getting old! Click here to enlarge

It was worth it, I didn't work for a CPA firm for long, but I've used everything I've learned many, many times over. Good luck!!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-14-2007, 08:06 AM Thread Starter
Sulphur Crested Cockatoo
Hard-Core Sybermom

Thanks, Mad Max!!

I did the stupidest thing last time when I scheduled to take the exam. I couldn't believe I did it. Click here to enlarge I was 5 or 6 months pregnant when I decided to go ahead and start studying. My mom decided to pay for the exam for me, so I thought I would go ahead and get my registration sent in. I went ahead and applied to take all the sections and sent in the payment. I thought I would be able to take 1 or 2 section before ds arrived and then have a year to complete the other sections. I had it in my mind that I had 18 months to complete the exam, not the case, only 6 months which I realized after sending it in. Click here to enlarge

I really tried to study but I totally underestimated how hard it would be and how tired I would be in my last trimester. So I failed the first one, and the second one I was going to take before ds came happened to fall on a day when I was in the hospitalized for PIH. Grrr. They wouldn't even let me reschedule withoout paying more. So I said screw it, and decided to try again later. So here I am. Click here to enlarge
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-14-2007, 08:08 AM Thread Starter
Sulphur Crested Cockatoo
Hard-Core Sybermom

Just to clarify, we have 6 months after approval of each section to take the exam, but 18 months to complete them all. So this time I am registering one at a time so I can have the full 18 months.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-14-2007, 09:59 AM
Ambulance Chaser

Good luck, Morby! Click here to enlarge
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-14-2007, 11:06 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Good luck. It seems as though you know your way around this time so things should go much smoother for you.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 07:07 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

The CPA exam is the reason my last relationship ended. Good luck Click here to enlarge

Fuck All Y'All Bitches in 2012... and 2013 and probably in 2014 too!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-16-2007, 06:28 AM Thread Starter
Sulphur Crested Cockatoo
Hard-Core Sybermom

Thanks, Octy. Click here to enlarge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in