As the semester winds down... - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Syber Students Support for Moms in school.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-19-2009, 02:59 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

As the semester winds down...

...give us an update. How are your classes going?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-19-2009, 02:59 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Things are so-so here. My financial management class is impossible, but I think I did a decent job on my big report and the curve saved my ass on the mid-term. Human resources, ugh. I bombed the midterm, because I didn't invest any time in the class. I got 100% on the group project, though, so as long as I do okay on the final, I should do okay in the class. My independent study professor has given me exactly no feedback on two submissions, but I think I can pull off an A on my capstone project.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-19-2009, 05:13 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

My Principles of Management class is gravy. I just got back my last test and my term paper and got A's on both. He said today that I have the highest grade he has ever given to a student. Electronic Spreadsheets (Excel) is easy. The Prof is the most unorganized person I have ever met. She screwed up the timeline for the class so our final consists of us having a potluck. If we show up and bring food, we get an A Click here to enlarge. My tax accounting class is weird. All the tests are take-home so I have an A. Our final consists of the whole class doing a 1040 and Schedule A AS A GROUP Click here to enlarge Then he is bringing us pizza. Intermediate Accounting is just fine. I have an A in there too. It is my favorite class. I have learned so much in there this semester.

Tapatalk is where the typos are at.
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-19-2009, 05:32 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Great job! Click here to enlarge

LOVE the potluck final. Click here to enlarge
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-19-2009, 06:15 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

English class, the prof told me two weeks ago that I had an A for the class and didn't need to come back. Click here to enlarge

Math, I have a 98% but I'm nervous about the final.

Character design, I have no idea how I'm doing because asshat hasn't graded anything except the first assignment. I got an 80 on that and did exactly what he asked us to do, so who knows.

DORI (stupid stupid class they make everyone take their first semester, time management, finances, that kind of shit) is basically a come to class, get a 100, skip get a 0 deal so I'm doing fine on that.

I haven't hocked Scentsy in forever.
So I decided it was time to change my signature.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-19-2009, 07:42 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I am doing well in all my classes...I really hope I'll keep my 4.0 and it's looking positive! Going to campus 5 days a week is killing me! I can't wait for this semester to END. Dec 17th!!!!!
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-19-2009, 07:51 PM
MHM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I'm doing fine in both classes, but holy crap have they been a lot of work.
Here is what was due this week, and this is typical between the two classes.

Class A:
*Write an article review on a research article from a current peer-reviewed journal
*Read the 5 research articles (given to us. They each range from 8 to 30 pages), and then using those as a basis, write a letter to a policy maker for the state, taking a stance on a policy relating to early childhood special education, and citing all readings in your letter. Limit the letter to 2 pages.
*Complete special eduction matrix citing references for each educational area, and limiting your words in each box of the matrix to no more than 100.
*Continue working on your 15 page research paper, due in 2 weeks.

Class B:

*Respond to the 2 discussion board questions by Thursday. Make sure you respond to at least 3 peer posts, citing course readings. Do not simply agree with a post, but synthesize knowledge gained from this course.

*Write at least a 4 page, double space draft of your final research paper. Remember, you must use at least 10 references from peer-reviewed, current journals, using APA. Review two other drafts from your group, giving consructive criticism to each peer.

I work so many hours during the week, so I end up spending the whole weekend trying to get caught up on class work. I want to be done!!!
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-19-2009, 08:33 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkytown View Post
Great job! Click here to enlarge

LOVE the potluck final. Click here to enlarge
I know, right? She says, "I really messed up on your timeline for your final project so I don't want to make you finish that and study for the final, we will have a potluck instead"

All of our tests in that class are us going into the computer lab and doing a "production" of what we covered in class. Right now we are doing Goal Seek and Scenario, OHEMMGEE that is so hard Click here to enlarge It's a piece of cake, the tests take less than a half an hour Click here to enlarge

Whatever lady, as long as I get an A Click here to enlarge

Tapatalk is where the typos are at.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-19-2009, 11:04 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

My midterms were a 98 in Core Humanities, a 94 in Linguistics, and a 92 in Spanish.

The lowest grade I've gotten all semester is a 81 on a Spanish test, so that's the only class that I might not get a solid A in as of now. The final will hopefully boost me up.

I haven't been in school in 10 years so I'm feeling really fucking good right now. Click here to enlarge
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 03:55 PM
Beauty in flight
Hard-Core Sybermom

Location: On my lazy ass in this computer chair when I should be cleaning my house

Send a message via Yahoo to Turbo
My last semester of nursing school started in October (goes through to May) and it is sucking eggs. Click here to enlarge First test was a disaster - only 8 of 39 people passed. Click here to enlarge My 4.0 is in jeopardy but I figured it might be anyway because I started working 11/2. I'm not sure I even care at this point. I just want to be DONE.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-01-2009, 12:19 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Computerized Accounting is pretty cool. I'm doing pretty decent, I think, in that class. I have one chapter and a final project left to do and I'm done there.
Payroll Accounting has been fun, I like numbers in boxes :idk. I just have one final large-ish project and I'm done with that class. Quarter ends Dec. 9th.

Next quarter all of my classes are on line and independant study, so I won't have to go to campus. Winter quarter, though, my last 2 classes for graduation are going to be on campus, but the instructor is going to get them scheduled to be the same day.

The best things in life are unexpected, because there were no expectations.

- Eli Khamarov
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-01-2009, 02:22 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I feel like I never really got started this term. It's just been rather BLAH.

Soils sucks ass. I don't get it at all. I think I'm skating a B in that class, I'll be happy with anything passing at this point.

Measurements is OK. I get it, it's just boring.

Plants is fine. I can now name about 200 plants. It has been a hell of a lot of work, and feels sort of pointless.

I just never really got into this term. I've been here, but don't feel like I've been productive or anything. I just can't wait for it to be over.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-01-2009, 02:46 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I'm really, really, really, REALLY glad character design is over. I just hope I passed. Click here to enlarge

I haven't hocked Scentsy in forever.
So I decided it was time to change my signature.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-01-2009, 06:09 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo View Post
My last semester of nursing school started in October (goes through to May) and it is sucking eggs. Click here to enlarge First test was a disaster - only 8 of 39 people passed. Click here to enlarge My 4.0 is in jeopardy but I figured it might be anyway because I started working 11/2. I'm not sure I even care at this point. I just want to be DONE.
Yowza! Did the professor make steps to make the grades fair? When that many people fail, there is a problem with the test.

I hear you on wanting to be done. I don't give much of a crap about my grades this semester. I just want to pass.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-01-2009, 06:10 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye View Post
My midterms were a 98 in Core Humanities, a 94 in Linguistics, and a 92 in Spanish.

The lowest grade I've gotten all semester is a 81 on a Spanish test, so that's the only class that I might not get a solid A in as of now. The final will hopefully boost me up.

I haven't been in school in 10 years so I'm feeling really fucking good right now. Click here to enlarge
Click here to enlarge Excellent!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in