FYI - you can "plagerize" yourself - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Syber Students Support for Moms in school.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010, 06:10 PM Thread Starter
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via AIM to aliciameme
FYI - you can "plagerize" yourself

We had our 1st day back in class today, and the Dean of Nursing came in to talk to us. Every semester we have to do so many hours of volunteer work and then write a paper about our experience. Apparently some of my classmates thought they would be clever last semester and just turned in the paper they had written the previous semester. I guess they thought that since the faculty are different each semester that no one would notice.

I'm not sure how they did notice, but they are really pissed. They announced that the people who did it have 1 week's amnesty to come in and confess, and if they don't they will face disciplinary action. And now, we can no longer volunteer in the same place twice, and we have to keep a portfolio of all our papers and turn it in each time a paper is due. Click here to enlarge

So, in case you didn't know - you can't do that! Click here to enlarge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010, 10:29 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

It does raise an interesting question of how much you are allowed to plagarize yourself from class to class, but I am certainly guilty of it to some extent. Click here to enlarge
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 04:11 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I remember years ago when I went to college right after highschool that my ENG 101 class was basically the same as my Adv. Comp class my senior year of highschool. I still had all of my papers so I did the teacher's corrections and turned them in Click here to enlarge

I got A's and didn't do squat all semester Click here to enlarge

Tapatalk is where the typos are at.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 12:43 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to Dawn Keebals
Which nursing school are you at, alicia? Since we've moved back to OKC my husband has been looking for a good program. He started at ITT-Tech with eyes wide open that the credits wouldn't transfer and all that. He just wanted to take his boards. The GI Bill is paying for it, but he's very unhappy with the quality of the education and the general clusterfuckedness of it all.

I'm going to OSU-OKC for their paramedic program with the thought that I may or may not do two more semesters of their nursing program to be a RN.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via AIM to aliciameme
I'm at OCCC. It's a great program with a really good NCLEX pass rate. I think being a paramedic would be fun!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 07:40 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I did know that, but I think it is bullshit.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 07:54 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I was told that in the first college English class I ever took. Every paper has to be original to each class. You can however get permission from 2 teachers to write a single paper to serve dual purpose. Maybe you need a research paper for a science class, and a research paper for the English class. If you ask each professor you may be able to write 1 paper for both classes.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 06:31 AM
My biggest fear is that there is no PMS and that this is my personality.
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to Twinklestars
I used several of my high school papers in college. I also reused papers, with rewrites and additional information, while getting my MSN.

I am not one of those who believe - broadly speaking - that women are better than men. We have not wrecked railroads, nor corrupted legislatures, nor done many unholy things that men have done; but then we must remember that we have not had the chance.- Jane Addams
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 05:41 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

That's dumb. I've never done it though b/c I never had an opportunity to Click here to enlarge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in