Teachers who don't teach - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Syber Students Support for Moms in school.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-17-2011, 12:24 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Teachers who don't teach

What can you do if you have a teacher who just doesn't teach? I mean. We have one tiny book. Reading it is akin to reading a phone book. Not helpful. She calls everyone stupid and lazy and says we don't know how to study. THEN she tells one class about an assignment but not another and won't let the class she didn't tell turn it in, everyone gets 0's. I guess this is a vent. We're close to taking our complaints to the director.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-17-2011, 12:26 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Teachers who don't teach

You immediately fire off an email to the teacher's boss, making irrational demands, then you call the media.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-17-2011, 02:07 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

It's a college teacher. I'm trying to decide if it's worth my effort to gather our class to go to the director. I've confronted her. She is a bad communicator and she refuses to acknowledge the fact that SHE may be the problem. The way I see it. If 2 people out of a class of 20 turn something in because they found out from a different class.... the students are not the issue.

Honest opinion. Should I go to the director or just eat it? I will still be able to pass the class. It's just a major PITA.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-19-2011, 12:12 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Quote:
If 2 people out of a class of 20 turn something in because they found out from a different class
Don't you have a syllabus that says what things are due when??

I haven't hocked Scentsy in forever.
So I decided it was time to change my signature.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-19-2011, 02:49 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

She changes it all.the.freaking.time. But then doesn't tell us. She'll tell the other class and forget to tell us, or tell us and forget to tell the other class. Then she refuses to own it. She says we're all lazy and just don't want to do the workClick here to enlarge(she teaches both nutrition and A&P lab)

She also doesn't give back graded papers so we can study from them (says they're hers and she needs them to keep track of our grades) So, take today for instance... we had our first A&P exam. We had no CLUE where we stood grade wise. She let us look at our old quiz for aproximately 5 minutes before we had to move on. So, no one knew what they needed to study extra etc. It's shameful.

I have talked to her about one instance and she is going to let us do extra work to make up for her lack of communication. I feel like I'm advocating for the entire class (there are 51 of us minus a few who have caved to the pressure and dropped already Click here to enlarge)

okay, vent over.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-12-2020, 07:08 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

For I know the plans I have for you,” says the LORD . “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.
Jeremiah 29:11 Click here to enlarge

tummy tuck tampa
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-12-2020, 07:09 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Thanks for sharing this. I really appreciate you. Click here to enlarge tummy tuck baton rouge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in