Half time, 3/4 time, full time? - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Syber Students Support for Moms in school.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-24-2003, 01:16 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Half time, 3/4 time, full time?

What trac are you on and where are you headed?

Assoc?
BA or BS?
MA?

I am headed for a BA I suppose. I wanted an anthro major, but I have 18 credits of elective english so I imagine I am a Lit major by default.

I went to William and Mary in my former life and now am getting my groove back in a local "access" college. I think I am somewhere in my sophmore or junior year, but really can't quite be sure, as here in Oh we operate on the stupid "quarter" system, which fucked up all my "semester" transfered classes.Click here to enlarge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-24-2003, 01:17 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

And DUH, I am 3/4 time.Click here to enlarge I got distracted and failed to address the OT.Click here to enlarge
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-24-2003, 03:45 PM
Eryn
Ambulance Chaser

I'll be taking 12 credits, which counts as full time for federal loan money, but I guess it is more like 3/4 time. I have a bachelor's already, and I will be earning a second major (sort of as if I had double-majored in the first place).
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-24-2003, 07:22 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to Barbie
I'm taking 12 credits, which is full time. It's more than enough for me to handle, I really admire you guys who take 15 and 20 credit terms. I know I couldn't do it and accept my limitations!

I"m going to have a BA in Humanities unless I switch to the BS in Human Services for Education major which I am considering. However, it will set me back quite a bit so I just don't know.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-24-2003, 07:58 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I'm doing 17 credits so I'm definitely full time. Currently on my way to an AA and an AAS in Nursing, eventually hoping to go to a MSN.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-25-2003, 01:31 PM
Second Class Pyro
Ambulance Chaser

I'm a lame ass. I'm taking one 3 hour class a semster. I'm on the Assoc. track because if I do anything more than that, I'll be in school until I die. But between that and working full time, I'm stretched pretty thin. We'll see as ds gets older if I up my classes. Currently, I'm working toward dual degrees (Managment and Marketing) and i'm thinking of getting my CNA once those are complete. After the CNA, I might try to get a job at a hospital and get them to pay for my nursing school.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-25-2003, 02:19 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I'm a part time student with a hubby who is full time student plus kids. Click here to enlarge I am at a quarter system too Ima and they should transfer in 4.5 credits for each 3 at semester schools. I got gypped out of a lot of credits too because I am at a new school and they want you to get blah amount of credits from them. Click here to enlarge Its there way of making as much money as possible on each student.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-25-2003, 02:31 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via AIM to Tattoo Send a message via Yahoo to Tattoo
I'm definitely a part-part-timer this semester. Click here to enlarge I'm just getting back into this and in my current situation, 1 class is all I could take. Next semester will definitely be different, I'll be taking probably 3 classes. I don't know how I'm going to do it - working 3 days a week, taking 3 classes, and the kids/family. I'm thinking one of my classes next semester (at least) will be an online course.

It's a boy! Anthony Michael, born at 1:24 pm on March 7, 2012! 7lb 14 oz, 20" long

Nope, not getting rid of the ticker. Have you clicked me lately!

Not getting rid of this ticker either.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-25-2003, 04:07 PM
Troublemaker
Ambulance Chaser

I have a 3/4 time load this term. I have an Associates and am trying to finish up my bachelor's. It's a cross-departmental degree -- basically a personalized major. My emphasis areas are Journalism (since I took enough courses years ago to fill that area), English (mainly Folklore courses) and US History.

I have three classes this term -- the last two lower level classes I needed and have been putting off for years and one upper level writing course. After this term I have to take five more classes and I'm done with this degree.

Of course, this degree is a useless one until I get a Master's so I won't be done for a LONG time.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-25-2003, 04:50 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Half-Time next semester I may be going full-time. Right now finishing up my AA.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-25-2003, 06:15 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I am a junior and I attend full time. My dh is also a full time student and he is a senior. I plan to get my BA in Soc. and dh will get his BS in Music Education.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-25-2003, 09:11 PM
MHM
Unsupportive Freeloader

BS. Would be done this year, but I started teacher licensure this semester as well, and if I wanted to graduate this year I would end up doing 2 semesters total of student teaching- one for my BS and one for the licensure. Instead, I can combine them into one and graduate next year when I complete the licensure.

I returned to college last year after dropping out 14 years before. So I don't think 3 years is TOO bad. But it seems like it's a long ways off right now!
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-25-2003, 10:52 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

3/4 time towards a B.S. in Special Education.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-27-2003, 12:59 PM
Whore hamper
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to Hootie McBoob
Full time. I am a second year doctoral student working towards a doctorate in Public Health. My focus is maternal and child health.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. -George Orwell
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-30-2003, 05:58 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Full time. 16 hours this semester, which beats 18 last semester. Going for a BA in Math. Plan to be done with it in 16 months. I REALLY REALLY want to get a fricking degree.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-02-2003, 11:05 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I am at a 2 year comm. college for now, so I am getting my associates but I am then transfering to a 4 year college.
This semester (my 4th) I am taking 13 credits.
I'm at a 2 year college, but I'm sure I'll be there for 3 (I'm on my 2nd now and no where near done!) b/c I lightened my load up last semester b/c I had ds.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-02-2003, 04:23 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I'm doing 10 credits this semester, and next I will probably work out so I can do 12 (full time) right now I am jus 3/4 time.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in