I want to thank you all - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Syber Strollers Sybermoms are hitting the road, training for the 3-Day Walk Against Breast Cancer. Yes you CAN do it!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-07-2004, 10:41 AM Thread Starter
Ambulance Chaser

I want to thank you all

for all the hard work you are doing. Walking, raising money. Many of you are doing this for people you've never met and never will.

My very dear friend has breast cancer. She had her yearly mamogram in April. Everything was fine. 4 weeks ago she had a painful spot/lump on her breast. 2 weeks ago her breast started bleeding. They biopsied her in the drs office and it came back positive for cancer. She had surgery this past Monday and it was found in her lymph nodes. She is undergoing scans this coming monday to see if it has metastisized (sp?). Her oncologists told her she has a very agressive form of breast cancer. She is to have agressive chemo and followed by radiation. They want to start that monday 16th. They think more than 1 week's delay will affect her percentage of survival.

I am devastated. I can't stop crying. I am so sad. I am scared. I'm so pissed off that this is happening to her.

Last night when I was lying awake thinking about her, I started thinking about all of you and that made me cry harder. I am so honored to be a part of this board.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-07-2004, 11:17 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to pumpkinsmom
I hope all goes well for your friend. She, as well as many others are in my thoughts. Click here to enlarge

Cancer is a word not a sentence.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-07-2004, 01:10 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to Twinsanity Twatwaffles
I'm sorry, Bitchy. Click here to enlarge

I hope they find all that shit and knock it the fuck out of her.

Would you share her name (PM) and maybe allow it to be posted in our private forum so we can add it to our walk shirts?
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-07-2004, 04:14 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to jennybean
Click here to enlarge I'm so sorry Bitchy. I will be thinking of your friend and hope that everything turns out good for her.

It's stories like this that remind me why I'm walking and raising money for breast cancer research and treatment. Hopefully someday soon, there will be no more stories like this or having to worry about the outcome. Click here to enlarge

Quote:
Originally posted by Twinsanity Twatwaffles
Would you share her name (PM) and maybe allow it to be posted in our private forum so we can add it to our walk shirts?
Click here to enlarge I'd love to wear her name too Click here to enlarge.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-07-2004, 05:21 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I'd love to wear her name as well.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-07-2004, 05:33 PM Thread Starter
Ambulance Chaser

Click here to enlarge you have no idea how much this means to me. I will call her and ask her if it's ok for me to give you her name.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-07-2004, 05:35 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via AIM to gingah Send a message via Yahoo to gingah Send a message via Skype™ to gingah
Oh Bitchy your post made me tear up. I hope they have caught it in time to beat it.

Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge

I'll wear her name too if it is ok with her. Click here to enlarge
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-08-2004, 12:57 PM
angelbitch
Ambulance Chaser

I'm so sorry for both you and your friend! I hope they're able to knock that shit the hell out, too!!!

I think it would be fabulous if you all were able to wear her name, and to add her to the remembrance tent - that's such a wonderful, peaceful, emotional place in the camp.

STRENGTH AND COURAGE to you both!!!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-08-2004, 02:34 PM Thread Starter
Ambulance Chaser

Click here to enlarge I pm'd Twinsanity. She'll share with the rest of you. thank you so much. Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-08-2004, 02:46 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to jennybean
Oh Bitchy Click here to enlarge. I hope she comes through it all okay and gets the best news possible in this situation. I hate that any woman has to deal with this disease, but it breaks my heart even more when it's a woman with children who aren't even grown yet Click here to enlarge.

Let her know that my family and I are thinking of her and praying for her and her family Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-08-2004, 03:49 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via AIM to gingah Send a message via Yahoo to gingah Send a message via Skype™ to gingah
Quote:
Originally posted by sahmnluvnit
but it breaks my heart even more when it's a woman with children who aren't even grown yet Click here to enlarge.
ITA Click here to enlarge My parents' neighbour has cancer (started in the breast, moved to bones + elsewhere) and she has three children 11 and under. Click here to enlarge It's just not fair. Click here to enlarge
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-08-2004, 04:18 PM Thread Starter
Ambulance Chaser

Click here to enlarge You ladies are the BEST. THE BEST! Click here to enlarge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in