Tip for cooler temps at night - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Syber Strollers Sybermoms are hitting the road, training for the 3-Day Walk Against Breast Cancer. Yes you CAN do it!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-17-2005, 11:08 AM Thread Starter
Ambulance Chaser

Tip for cooler temps at night

Last year I bought some of those thermal care thingys to help with sore muscles at night while camping, and not only did they help with my sore legs, but they also heated up my sleeping bag all nice and toasty! I will be bringing them to any future walks I participate in, if nothing more than just for the comfort of having a warm place to sleep. Click here to enlarge Just a tip for those of you walking in cooler areas or in the fall.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-17-2005, 11:23 AM
Kat
Derby Kid
Hard-Core Sybermom

Great idea!!!! I just slept in socks, and that kept me warm. We had some cool mornings, though.

Shameless plug for an old friend - www.newsvandal.com
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-17-2005, 05:39 PM
angelbitch
Ambulance Chaser

Just PLEASE don't use that mylar! Click here to enlarge Man, those stupid mylar blankets are freaking LOUD - I wanted to go pound people with them when I was trying to sleep....hehehe, I am SO mean....
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-18-2005, 09:35 AM Thread Starter
Ambulance Chaser

And please don't drink tequilla until midnight. The person in the tent right next to you might be trying to SLEEP.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-18-2005, 09:56 AM
angelbitch
Ambulance Chaser

LMAO - did someone actually DRINK in the next tent from you??? It's not allowed on the 3 day, ladies, just FYI! Click here to enlarge
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-18-2005, 10:36 AM Thread Starter
Ambulance Chaser

I don't know how anyone could, anyway! I heard them toasting and giggling but then they called their DHs to say how they were drinking tequilla after what a hard day they had. Click here to enlarge I wish I had known who it was so I could have seen what kind of shape they were in the next day. I was shocked. It was hard enough to do without being hungover!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-20-2005, 05:32 PM
angelbitch
Ambulance Chaser

ICKS - I can't even fathom drinking on the 3 Day - I was so wrung out emotionally and physically, I think I would have found that nasty place I was in in college again - *shudder*
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-21-2005, 10:55 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to Twinsanity Twatwaffles
Our only time spent in the tent was way too warm. I hung my topless upper half out the the flaps and enjoyed the cool rain. Thankfully, my tentmate didn't laugh and point--too much.

School gym and hallway floors are actually quite warm, if you remember to grab your bedding when they evacuate camp. Click here to enlarge
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-21-2005, 10:56 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to Twinsanity Twatwaffles
Oh, and definitely save the booze for the holding area before closing ceremonies. It just tastes SOOOO damn good at that point. Click here to enlarge
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-21-2005, 10:02 PM Thread Starter
Ambulance Chaser

Click here to enlarge

All I wanted at closing ceremonies was some Loritabs. But that bucket of beers I got back at the hotel tasted mighty nice. Click here to enlarge Too bad I drank 3 and passed out cold. Click here to enlarge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in