He has grown, but is still small. - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Just Out of the Oven The first year of your baby's life is so crazy and fun. You need a place to get support and advice from other members with newborns, as well as somewhere to brag and tell funny stories.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-01-2005, 05:55 AM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

He has grown, but is still small.

We had to go back to see the Dr as our old Ped 'forgot' to give the baby his prevnar at 4 mos, and we had to catch up. So at 8 months he is now 17lb. He has gained a lb in the last 5 weeks. Click here to enlarge

I am so sick of people reminding me how little he is. I mean - not everyone has to be huge!

On the plus side, I bought some clothes at Walmart for him the other day, and I swear the 6 month size will last us until Christmas! Click here to enlarge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-01-2005, 06:16 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Click here to enlarge That isnt small to me.

Ignore the people who make these comments. Really.

My oldest was 18 lbs at his 12 months check up. SO what. SOme people are not meant to be giant galumphing fleshy beasts.Click here to enlarge
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-01-2005, 06:56 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

My oldest was 15 pounds at a year. My youngest, at 4.5 months, is already 15 pounds.
I got tired of the "she's so small!" comments too. As long as he's healthy, don't listen to them.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-01-2005, 09:15 AM
MKE
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to MKE
My 14 month old is 18 lbs. I get the "tiny" comment all.the.time. Click here to enlarge
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-01-2005, 09:17 AM
MKE
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to MKE
Oh, and people always try to "guess" his age. "What is he, 6 months?" They look horrified when I tell them his age and act like I'm not feeding him.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-01-2005, 10:11 AM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

I don't think he is small. Click here to enlarge My grandmother keep sending clothes in 12-18 month sizes.. I guess he can wear them next winter. Click here to enlarge

I like having a small package. Easier on the back while he is in the sling. Click here to enlarge
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-01-2005, 11:48 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

My oldest dd was a pea. Like Ima, maybe 18lbs at a year. Hell she isn't even 40lbs at 6yo. She was a good size at birth, 8lbs1oz. My ds was a beast at 10lbs and has stayed big his whole live. Not huge but big. Always 90-95th precent tile. DD was 5th. They weigh the same now and are 2.5yrs apart. I did the same w/ both of them. BF, delayed solids, no formula. They are just who they were meant to be. One smaller, one bigger. This dd is a mix of both of them. Each of them healthy, always met milestones before or on time.

Don't listen to the people yapping at how small your child is. Over all health is more important then meeting someone elses standards of what weight should look like.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-02-2005, 05:44 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Swollen- Kasey is 7.5 months and is only 14.5 lbs. She can still wear a lot of her 0-3 clothes and the 3-6 is going to be fitting for quite a while!!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-02-2005, 05:51 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

IA with the others

its to do with their genetic make-up. My dd was 18 lbs at 12 months, my ds was 16lbs at 4 months. They are usually a similar size - all kids in kindergarten, etc. I would just shrug off the comments.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in