Can use some good thoughts and prayers - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Just Out of the Oven The first year of your baby's life is so crazy and fun. You need a place to get support and advice from other members with newborns, as well as somewhere to brag and tell funny stories.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-23-2010, 07:52 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Can use some good thoughts and prayers

Tomorrow afternoon is Brooke's appt for the VUCG (or is it VCUG? I have it written down but I'm too lazy to get up right now). I think I mentioned before that the nurse on the phone said there shouldn't be a problem with nursing her during the procedure.

Just pray that it doesn't cause her a lot of pain and that it will go smoothly and fast. Also pray for me to have strength. I don't plan on falling apart but it's never easy to watch your child go through something, I get teary eyed when they get shots Click here to enlarge

The doctor said we can go by his office right after and he would go over the results of us then so we don't have to wait. I just hope we don't get anymore bad news.

I also think I have mastits again. I've had chills, sore body, fever all day today and when I called for an appt. it was too late so I will get in tomorrow around noon and then we will head out to Brooke's appt. I don't have any other symptoms and she's been eating less so I'm guessing mastits. They wanted me to go to the ER but I don't feel like it's necessary and the fever seems to have dropped a bit. If it spikes back up above 101 the nurse said she wants me to go in.

Thanks in advance!! Oh and Faster - if you see this can you email me? I'd like to kind of get a real idea of what to expect and I know you've been through this. Her appt. isn't until 2pm tomorrow and I'm West Coast. But with my appt at 11:45 I'll need to chat with you sometime tonight or tomorrow morning if you can. Thank you Click here to enlarge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-23-2010, 08:03 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

MASTITIS Click here to enlarge
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-23-2010, 08:13 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to Yummy!
mastits Click here to enlarge

Oh man please go to the ER if you feel any worse. It can make you SO sick, SO fast. I hope it is quick and easy for her. AND for you.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-23-2010, 08:30 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Click here to enlarge I have the fever down to 99 so that's good right?

I just think of ER visits for actual emergencies not things that can wait Click here to enlarge

Some people run to the doctor for every little thing and I tend to be more like a man and only go if I really, really feel it's necessary Click here to enlarge In fact, I put off calling all day until my dh finally made me. I bet if I called in the morning I would have gotten in today.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 12:15 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I'm a man, too. I really thought I could just wait for my scheduled appointment when I went into labor. Click here to enlarge

I will be thinking of you and Brooke and saying a prayer that the test is quick and easy on you both.
Click here to enlarge
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 06:25 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

How did it go?

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 08:26 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, hope everything goes well!!Click here to enlarge
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 08:50 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Good thoughts and good luck, Sour.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 01:52 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

how did it go??

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 02:12 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Good luck today. It is awesome that they will go over the results with you right away.

Please consider being an organ donor and informing your family of your wishes.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 04:22 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Click here to enlarge Thoughts and prayers that it went well...and for your mastits (short for massive tits?) too. Click here to enlarge

"Hands that help are far better than lips that pray."

--Robert G. Ingersoll (1833-1899)
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 05:53 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Did I miss an update in the board craziness? How did it go?

Please consider being an organ donor and informing your family of your wishes.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 07:28 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I've been asking and my posts have been not showing up. Click here to enlarge

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 03:08 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Sorry I didn't post an update!

Well the VCUG did not show reflux so that's a good thing! But he said he was skeptical that there isn't refulx and we just aren't catching it today Click here to enlarge

He still totally advises that he go in and puncture the cyst to stop the blockage and dialation. So at this point we are going to move foward and do that but we are waiting until she's 6 months old which is the text book age for safe (as safe as it can be) anestheia.

Only thing is there is a 50/50 chance the goes too far in the cyst and then creates reflux and that could become a problem and create the need for surgery in the future. That's where he kinda loses me and I get confused. I swear I asked him the same thing 4 different times and he answered me 4 different ways and my dh seems to understand but I'm just not comprehending Click here to enlarge I feel really stupid.

Something about if it does reflux and it goes up into the upper half of the kidney that is the "extra" duplex part then it's not a big deal but if it goes in the lower it can be a big deal.

She will need to have the catherization test again after surgery.

Oh and he said we could do one other test called a Kidney Function Test where they injected radioactive dye to check the function of the kidney. He said with her he is fine not getting that test because of the apperance of her kidney and it has good "meat" to it?? He asked dh and I and we both feel that unless he feels it's medically necessary we will skip any other invasive procedures. Now if she ends up with a reflux issue AFTER the surgery then we will probably have to do that.

Oh and the procedure itself wasn't as bad as I thought. She did cry right when the catheter went in but they laid there just fine and happy. She become ansey and started to cry towards the end but I think that's because she was tired of being held down and hungry. I was unable to nurse during it because it was an x-ray table and the machine was coming down on top of her to take images. After seeing it there was no way I could have nursed her through it.

I hope that all makes sense Click here to enlarge

Again this surgery isn't a no brainer for me. Part of me says wait it out and see if that blockage causes more dialation over time but both dh and the surgeon really think it should be corrected sooner than later.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 03:41 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

prayers for both of you
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-28-2010, 08:49 AM
Yeah that.
Hard-Core Sybermom

Can you get your pediatrician to explain it to you in lay terms? Or get a 2nd opinion Click here to enlarge

I'm doing it because she asked but I really do her.
FMT
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-28-2010, 12:52 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

At her 2 month check up I'm going to discuss it with the ped. I honestly don't think it's the surgeon...I think it's just me. Click here to enlarge

I was thinking of asking him to write it out for me Click here to enlarge Just explain what she has and then the what if's on paper. I can email him and ask him to just email me in return. I can always blame it on the grandparents Click here to enlarge Just email him saying the grandparents are concerned and can he write something up that I can show them so I know I'm explaining it correctly to them?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in