9 month checkup - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Just Out of the Oven The first year of your baby's life is so crazy and fun. You need a place to get support and advice from other members with newborns, as well as somewhere to brag and tell funny stories.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-07-2011, 10:07 AM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to Yummy!
9 month checkup

We saw his regular ped for 9 mo checkup and his pre-op paperwork and the first flu shot dose. I love a good checkup, it's usually very reassuring. Click here to enlarge She was really pleased with his development and the strength on his weaker side and the fit of his orthotic helmet, etc.

She said she isn't concerned about his connected upper lip frenum and the earliest she thinks he might need it snipped is if it causes speech problems in a few years or if the dentist recommends it. He had had a MRSA infection that is really well cleared up. Everything looked good.

Now she wasn't concerned about this, but his weight dropped from the 75th percentile at 5 months to the 25th percentile this month. He has actually not gained a lot since 7 months old. He was really sick for part of it, about two weeks, and he had a lot of nursing and appetite decrease. It's back up and he eats lots of high cal foods. She just poked some fat rolls and said "look, he's not skinny!" and said not to worry. But of course I do kind of worry. Doesn't that seem like a big fall off his curve in that time? His head and length have increased according to his curve.

I guess I just always need something to worry about. Click here to enlarge

Anyway it's lovely to get a good look over and a clean bill of health. I kind of wish I could take my 10 year old in every few months and get such a thorough look over, you know? Click here to enlarge

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-07-2011, 11:17 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Click here to enlarge

I always figure as long as their head is growing properly and their length is also appropriate then the actual weight isn't as much a concern, provided they did actually gain something. Click here to enlarge All my kids dropped to a lower range around 9 months, and settled into a new track that they stayed on (and have continued to stay on.) My kids are just on the small side. Click here to enlarge

And I hear you on being able to just trot them in every 3 months or so. I had the baby in this week because I thought she might have an EI (baby? she's almost 2 Click here to enlarge) and it has been 3 months since her 18 month checkup and I felt like I should be getting her checked.

Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-07-2011, 11:19 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

It seems like I remember being told that that period of time is when you see a change from their birth weight/early nursing to more of their actual genetic size/growth curve. Or something like that.

FMT is my spokesperson.

My blog
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-07-2011, 06:07 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to OverTheTop
Nine months is about the time both my older ones slowed way down on weight gain. How much does he weigh?
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-07-2011, 06:19 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

9 month checkup

Even fatty fatty 2 by 4 Brenna was down to 50% by 9 mos. From 95% at 3 mos. Now she is in the 25% and has been since 2.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-07-2011, 06:58 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

he weighs like 19 even I think.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-08-2011, 04:21 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via AIM to Dr. Nurse Send a message via Yahoo to Dr. Nurse
Yay for good checkup! Trent slowed way down at 9 months too. He's still super petite and thin at almost 4, my genetics just overdid the boob milk he got until 2 Click here to enlarge. I think izzy probably will weigh the same at her 12 month as she did at 9 because of all the movement she's doing. I notice she's down a leg roll Click here to enlarge.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-17-2011, 02:36 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via AIM to tweedledum Send a message via MSN to tweedledum Send a message via Yahoo to tweedledum
19lbs seems like a good sized 9mo old!

glad he's doing so well! Click here to enlarge
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-18-2011, 01:38 AM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

it was 19.4 lbs. Click here to enlarge It isn't that it seemed small, because it's a lot bigger than my dd was at that age, it's the drop in percentiles. Anyway he still has fatty fat rolls.

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-18-2011, 06:58 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to OverTheTop
Yummy, dh likes to see the pics of babies belonging to my friends, and tends to go on and on about how much cuter Jackson is than they are. I had to pull up Archie's pic and show him a baby as cute as Jackson if there ever was one. He agreed and said, "He sure hasn't missed any meals." Click here to enlarge This coming from the dad of an almost six month old who is right around 20 lbs. Click here to enlarge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in