Six month check-up and flattening growth curve - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Just Out of the Oven The first year of your baby's life is so crazy and fun. You need a place to get support and advice from other members with newborns, as well as somewhere to brag and tell funny stories.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-28-2011, 03:07 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to OverTheTop
Six month check-up and flattening growth curve

Jackson's six month check-up was today, and the ped made the nurse re-measure him because he only grew half an inch in the past two months. He is 19 lbs 2.5 oz and 25 3/4 inches. He has four teeth now according to my count, though the ped counts it as five since one of his top two is visible even though it isn't through the gum yet. He has three on bottom and one on top that have Click here to enlarge through.

He wasn't overly concerned about the stall in his growth, but it is always a little nerve-wracking when the doc seems initially baffled.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-28-2011, 03:19 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Did his head get bigger? Did he gain weight? Is his currrent h/w ratio comparable to your other kids'/yours/his dad's? I wouldn't worry about it.

Mickey Mackey Boo Ba Boo
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-29-2011, 05:24 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via AIM to Dr. Nurse Send a message via Yahoo to Dr. Nurse
What fp said. Slow down is common at that age and if genetically you guys aren't tall he will slow then too. I think both izzy and Trent were that legnth at 6 months. Izzy is going to be short, a 5'4" mom and a 5'7" (and that's being generous on his height Click here to enlarge) isn't going to make her supermodel tall Click here to enlarge.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-30-2011, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to OverTheTop
His head grew and he gained a pound and ten ounces. I honestly think the nurse measured him wrong - it looked like the head part of the measuring thing was shoved back a bit, and I wasn't in the room when she measured the second time. I am not concerned much, though it was just strange because my first two didn't slow until their nine month check-ups. I figure since he grew super fast super early, he is just slowing sooner. As to the height thing - who knows? I am 5' 7" and dh is 5' 9". His family is super short but mine isn't, so it could go either way.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in