Grave's Disease and radiation treatment? - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Adults with Chronic Conditions A forum for adults who suffer from a chronic illness or condition to receive support.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-19-2004, 08:48 AM Thread Starter
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Grave's Disease and radiation treatment?

My MIL was just diagnosed as having Grave's disease. We all knew something was up with her, because she had zero energy, had lost a bunch of weight(without trying) and she has been alot more scatterbrained than normal. So it's a relief that she's finally got a diagnosis, but the dr's have her going in for a radiation treatment, and they told her she couldn't be around other people for 3 days afterwards(and a bunch of other restrictions)

Is this normal for radiation treatments for this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-19-2004, 11:57 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to McBong
My husband's friend had to go through this. She wasn't allowed near anyone for 3 days (or a week, I can't remember) and stayed in a hotel during that time. It was hard on her, she had small kids at the time, but she's fine now and on synthroid to do the job of the thyroid.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-19-2004, 02:09 PM Thread Starter
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

She's holed up in her spare room right now, but the spare room does have the computer and the GameCube, so she's happy. Click here to enlarge
My SIL is 11, so she can mostly take care of herself. One of her friend's mom's is taking care of picking her up for school and dropping her off for MIL.
She seems to be doing okay, she called me today. She does seem relieved that she finally knows what's going on with her now.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-19-2004, 03:49 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to McBong
It'll be amazing to see how much better she feels. I have hypothyroid, and when my levels were way off, I felt like a space cadet on Nyquil. I could barely hold a fork and gained weight like crazy. I was just in a fog all of the time. I thought I felt bad until my levels were adjusted, and now I realize how bad I really felt. I hope she starts feeling better very soon. Click here to enlarge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in