What About Your Family and Friends? - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Kickin Butts A forum for those who are trying to quit smoking and those who already have to provide support and encouragement.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-06-2004, 10:19 AM Thread Starter
Ambulance Chaser

What About Your Family and Friends?

Steve (DH) smokes, but can amazingly go an entire day without one and not have any cravings or grumpiness. Quitting for him is going to be super easy, but he's promised that he'll do this with me. None of my friends who live near me smoke, so that's a big bonus as well.

What about you? Is your SO a smoker? Is/did s/he quit with you? What about your friends? If they smoke, how are you going to handle being around them for now?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-06-2004, 10:21 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via AIM to Dr. Nurse Send a message via Yahoo to Dr. Nurse
Mine is yes, even a heavier smoker than I because he chain smokes in his truck between jobs. He said he'd 'try' at least at home Click here to enlarge, he's not as serious about it as I am.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-06-2004, 10:31 AM
One Dollah
Ambulance Chaser

No one around me smokes. My dh hates it! He has begged me to quit. He will be supportive of me quitting but, won't have much patience with the bitchiness.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-06-2004, 10:35 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via AIM to Tattoo Send a message via Yahoo to Tattoo
DH does not smoke, never has. I have no clue why he ever put up with me doing it, but he did and never really complained. Click here to enlarge

My mother and her husband chain smoke about 3 packs per day EACH. I hate going to their house now. It reeks so bad and so do we when we come out. Click here to enlarge

It's a boy! Anthony Michael, born at 1:24 pm on March 7, 2012! 7lb 14 oz, 20" long

Nope, not getting rid of the ticker. Have you clicked me lately!

Not getting rid of this ticker either.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-06-2004, 11:29 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

DH and I quit together. It took me 3 years to convince him he could do it.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-06-2004, 11:31 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to jennybean
I'm on my own (well besides my loverly SM sistahs Click here to enlarge). DH won't quit Click here to enlarge. His excuse is that it's the only "vice" he has. Yeah whatevah. I DO NOT allow him to smoke anywhere near me anymore or keep his pack of smokes where I can see and/or find them.

My parents both smoke, but since they just moved 8 hours away, that shouldn't be a problem. DH's entire family smokes, so that may be hard. They probably won't have any get togethers again until the summer since the holidays are over, so by then I should be able to handle it.

I have no RL friends, so that's a non-issue too Click here to enlarge.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-06-2004, 11:37 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to mominatrix
My friends still smoke, DH smokes a cigarette a month when out, 1/2 my relatives smoke.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-06-2004, 01:06 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

My dh didn't smoke, but he did chew. We quit together. We had our last smoke/chew together and neither of us has had one since.

My dad and I talked about quitting together, but he quit before I did. He had his last one about 2-3 weeks ago. Click here to enlarge

I don't spend much time at all with other people who smoke, so that shouldn't be a problem for me. If dh starts chewing again, though, I'm sure I'll start smoking again. Click here to enlarge
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-06-2004, 01:10 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to ajandcjsmom
My dh is also trying to quit with me, and this is because he has too. He was diaged with throat cancer on November 18th, and at first his attitude was "if i quit, will it go away?" and after the pity party we had going was over, he and i, realized that we have to do this, because we don't want our kids growing up without either one of us.

Fuck the typos
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-06-2004, 01:18 PM
Ambulance Chaser

My fh does not smoke. He found out my secret a couple of months ago. He HATES it. Doesn't say to much to me cause I don't smoke around him or the kids but when he smells it, he gives me a eat shit look.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-06-2004, 01:40 PM Thread Starter
Ambulance Chaser

AJCJ, I am so sorry to hear about your DH's diagnosis. Click here to enlarge By quitting now, in spite of his dx, he is going to extend his life and that's a very good thing! Click here to enlarge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in