Sybermoms Parenting Forum

Sybermoms Parenting Forum (https://www.sybermoms.com/forums/)
-   Kickin Butts (https://www.sybermoms.com/forums/299-kickin-butts/)
-   -   What About Your Family and Friends? (https://www.sybermoms.com/forums/299-kickin-butts/138368-what-about-your-family-friends.html)

salty 01-06-2004 10:19 AM

What About Your Family and Friends?

Steve (DH) smokes, but can amazingly go an entire day without one and not have any cravings or grumpiness. Quitting for him is going to be super easy, but he's promised that he'll do this with me. None of my friends who live near me smoke, so that's a big bonus as well.

What about you? Is your SO a smoker? Is/did s/he quit with you? What about your friends? If they smoke, how are you going to handle being around them for now?

Dr. Nurse 01-06-2004 10:21 AM

Mine is yes, even a heavier smoker than I because he chain smokes in his truck between jobs. He said he'd 'try' at least at home :(, he's not as serious about it as I am.

One Dollah 01-06-2004 10:31 AM

No one around me smokes. My dh hates it! He has begged me to quit. He will be supportive of me quitting but, won't have much patience with the bitchiness.

Tattoo 01-06-2004 10:35 AM

DH does not smoke, never has. I have no clue why he ever put up with me doing it, but he did and never really complained. :dunno

My mother and her husband chain smoke about 3 packs per day EACH. I hate going to their house now. It reeks so bad and so do we when we come out. :puke

Gottwo 01-06-2004 11:29 AM

DH and I quit together. It took me 3 years to convince him he could do it.

jennybean 01-06-2004 11:31 AM

I'm on my own (well besides my loverly SM sistahs :love). DH won't quit :rolleyes. His excuse is that it's the only "vice" he has. Yeah whatevah. I DO NOT allow him to smoke anywhere near me anymore or keep his pack of smokes where I can see and/or find them.

My parents both smoke, but since they just moved 8 hours away, that shouldn't be a problem. DH's entire family smokes, so that may be hard. They probably won't have any get togethers again until the summer since the holidays are over, so by then I should be able to handle it.

I have no RL friends, so that's a non-issue too :D.

mominatrix 01-06-2004 11:37 AM

My friends still smoke, DH smokes a cigarette a month when out, 1/2 my relatives smoke.

Baggage 01-06-2004 01:06 PM

My dh didn't smoke, but he did chew. We quit together. We had our last smoke/chew together and neither of us has had one since.

My dad and I talked about quitting together, but he quit before I did. He had his last one about 2-3 weeks ago. :clap

I don't spend much time at all with other people who smoke, so that shouldn't be a problem for me. If dh starts chewing again, though, I'm sure I'll start smoking again. :(

ajandcjsmom 01-06-2004 01:10 PM

My dh is also trying to quit with me, and this is because he has too. He was diaged with throat cancer on November 18th, and at first his attitude was "if i quit, will it go away?" and after the pity party we had going was over, he and i, realized that we have to do this, because we don't want our kids growing up without either one of us.

lovely me tender 01-06-2004 01:18 PM

My fh does not smoke. He found out my secret a couple of months ago. He HATES it. Doesn't say to much to me cause I don't smoke around him or the kids but when he smells it, he gives me a eat shit look.

salty 01-06-2004 01:40 PM

AJCJ, I am so sorry to hear about your DH's diagnosis. :crybaby By quitting now, in spite of his dx, he is going to extend his life and that's a very good thing! :love