Sybermoms Parenting Forum

Sybermoms Parenting Forum (https://www.sybermoms.com/forums/)
-   Kickin Butts (https://www.sybermoms.com/forums/299-kickin-butts/)
-   -   Accountability (https://www.sybermoms.com/forums/299-kickin-butts/138395-accountability.html)

salty 01-06-2004 12:13 PM

Accountability

I think that this is really important, especially because we're really going to depend on one another for support via the internet. We aren't going to be able to smell each other to make sure nobody's been cheating. We're going to have to rely completely on one another's integrity and trust that we are all being honest with one another.

I know it sounds kind of hokey, and maybe it is, but being dishonest about your "cheating" with us is going to make it easier for you to lie about it to yourself, too. :nono

No matter how much support we give and get here, you're ultimately accountable to yourself. Be honest with us, and be honest with yourself. If you're struggling, say so. If you cheated, say so. If you're really feeling like a raving lunatic, say so. We're all here to help one another, and we CAN do this. We owe it to ourselves, our families, our friends, and to one another.

:love

Tattoo 01-06-2004 12:23 PM

ITA Salty. :ITA

jennybean 01-06-2004 12:27 PM

:ITA I just had that discussion with DH last night when he questioned if I'd really not smoked AT ALL yesterday :kickass. I said "What good would I be doing myself if I were to lie to YOU:?" He looked kinda dumbfounded :snicker.

It's true though. If we lie, we'll be hurting no one other than ourselves :D.

Dr. Nurse 01-06-2004 12:34 PM

:ita Lying about stuff is just hurting yourself anyway.

mominatrix 01-06-2004 01:08 PM

:ITA
very important

Also, I don't think shame and contempt should be brought into it, since this is and will be one of the hardest things we have done.

ajandcjsmom 01-06-2004 02:03 PM

ITA. I have "quit" numerous times. and before, everytime i sneaked a drag from dh's cig (he just quit too) I will still insist I had quit.

Now, I feel differently about it. either you quit TOTALLY, or you haven't quit at all

Baggage 01-06-2004 02:21 PM

:ITA and I feel like a raving lunatic and I want to cheat. :crybaby

But I won't.

salty 01-06-2004 02:42 PM

Mominatrix, I totally agree that shame and contempt should not be a part of this group, and I'm sure it won't be an issue. :love

Bagheera, hang in there girl!!! You've made it almost a whole week!!! :clap

mominatrix 01-06-2004 03:10 PM

I found a little group on quitnet and they got really harsh on a poor woman who had lapsed. It was weird to read
I figured that wouldn't happen here though :love

salty 01-06-2004 03:24 PM

Dis ain't da ME. ;)

ursula 01-06-2004 05:57 PM

Absolutely 100%, no doubt about it :ITA

My dh smelled my fingertips for the first 2 weeks everyday :rolleyes