Drinking - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Kickin Butts A forum for those who are trying to quit smoking and those who already have to provide support and encouragement.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-06-2004, 01:34 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Drinking

Ok, I quit smoking a few months ago. However, I do like to smoke when I have a few drinks. Click here to enlarge I do this probably once a week. I also realize this means I haven't 'really' quit, even though it's the only time I smoke. Click here to enlarge

Anybody else have crave cigarettes when drinking alcohol? Click here to enlarge It's always been my biggest downfall. I've tried just going a few weeks without drinking or anything, but to tell you the truth, manwhore and I enjoy having a few cocktails on saturday nights, or a couple of glasses of wine, or whatever.

I guess the only way to do it is to bite the bullet and if we are going to drink, not have any smokes around, or ANYBODY WHO SMOKES. Click here to enlarge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-06-2004, 02:02 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to ajandcjsmom
I too liked to have a few cigs when i drank. That was one of my biggest downfalls. It tough because we want a cig with that drink, but it can be done. I did it, although I was ready to tear heads off.

Fuck the typos
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-06-2004, 02:16 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via AIM to Dr. Nurse Send a message via Yahoo to Dr. Nurse
Yes smoking while drinking is a must for me too, it's going to be so hard Click here to enlarge.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-06-2004, 02:29 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I'm that way with coffee. I can't even drink coffee at all right now. It's an insta-trigger.

I don't drink alcohol anymore, so that's not an issue for me. I don't think I'd want to smoke nearly as much as I'd want to puke. Click here to enlarge
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-06-2004, 02:39 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to jennybean
I only smoked when I drank for about 9 years before becoming a regular smoker. I rarely drink-like once every 3-4 months- so I'm hoping I won't have a problem. Now I can have one or two drinks at home with no problem (which still only happens MAYBE once a month or less), but it's at bars or around lots of other people drinking and smoking. Since we had kids though, I can't remember the last time we went out drinking.

Anyway, I would have to say that your idea to not have smokes around or anyone who smokes when drinking is your best bet. You can do it Click here to enlarge.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-06-2004, 02:45 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I used to chain smoke when I drank. I was very afraid to drink for the first time. It was hard as hell, but I got through the night. Each time it gets easier, now it doesn't bother. You can do it!!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-06-2004, 02:49 PM
Ambulance Chaser

Even though I don't drink very often at all, I do find that when I DO have a drink, I have to smoke too. After I'd quit smoking for 4 years, we were having a party and one of the girls there was smoking out back. Of course, I had a little buzz going on and lit one up... that was all it took to blow 4 solid years of being completely smoke-free.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-06-2004, 03:21 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to mominatrix
I did have one when I went dancing a few weeks after quitting. As I was smoking, I looked around and noticed there weren't that many people smoking around me. In fact, most of the people weren't. It came as a big shock, as I assumed most people smoked.
I know that has nothing to do with you having a drink at home, but maybe it'll trigger something for ya Click here to enlarge
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-06-2004, 05:11 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via AIM to Tattoo Send a message via Yahoo to Tattoo
Yep. That's a tough one. I've actually been avoiding drinking and chatting because it makes me want to smoke really bad. Click here to enlarge

It's a boy! Anthony Michael, born at 1:24 pm on March 7, 2012! 7lb 14 oz, 20" long

Nope, not getting rid of the ticker. Have you clicked me lately!

Not getting rid of this ticker either.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-06-2004, 05:29 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to ursula
I can't help there as I haven't had a drop to drink in I couldn't remember how long Click here to enlarge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in