What do you hate the most about smoking - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Kickin Butts A forum for those who are trying to quit smoking and those who already have to provide support and encouragement.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-07-2004, 06:56 AM
One Dollah
Ambulance Chaser

What do you hate the most about smoking

Besides that no brainer of "it'll kill me" what is the thing that you hate the most about your habit?

I hate that I stink like stale smoke. I also don't like feeling tied to my cravings. I find myself planning my day around when I can get outside to smoke. It sucks big balls.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-07-2004, 07:01 AM
Ambulance Chaser

The smell!! I own 20 bottles of perfume, I have 3 in the car. G.od forbid, my kids smelled it.

Also, the whole "I can't go anywhere without a pack in my purse thing". I am starting to hate going places for a long time with my family. All I think about is how I can not smoke. I SUCK!!

Next week, I'm going to Disney world. My kids are meeting my father down there. AND I CAN'T SMOKE! I have to sneak around. My father doesn't know I started back and I promised him I wouldn't smoke anymore 3 years ago! I SUCK!
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-07-2004, 07:19 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

That Col sees it. I hate that it looks like smoking is something adults do. I grew up like that and believed it.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-07-2004, 07:26 AM
Ambulance Chaser

Quote:
All I think about is how I can not smoke. I SUCK!!
First of all, you do NOT suck... the addiction sucks. Don't confuse the two issues, or I'll personally give you the Queen Mutha of all tongue lashings. Click here to enlarge

What I hate most about smoking...

It smells horrible, and makes everything about you smell like an ashtray. Click here to enlarge

It's expensive as hell.

It looks nasty... nothing more gross than an attractive man or woman sucking on a stinky butt.

It tastes like shit. Feels good, but tastes like ass.

The guilt that comes with feeling like a loser because I have an addiction. That's the hardest one for me, and the one thing I hate most of all.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-07-2004, 07:45 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to jennybean
Kel pretty much covered it!

My biggest one is that my kids see me doing it and think it's "OK". Click here to enlarge It just killed me when DS picked up a straw and pretended it was a smoke Click here to enlarge.

I'm sick of smelling.

I hate panicing when I'm worried that my current pack may run out before I can get to the gas station for more. It runs my life, and I HATE that.

I hate not being able to take a deep breath without coughing and hacking. The past 2 days have been heaven. I've been walking around taking deep breathes and exhaling without coughing Click here to enlarge. I also know I could never make it 60 miles in August if I didn't quit.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-07-2004, 09:27 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to mominatrix
You know what was incredibly cathartic? Washing ALL my clothes with a great-smelling fabric softener after I quit.

I hated hiding. Seems I used my smoking as an excuse to think less of myself. I always put myself in lowest ranking order in any situation because of imy addiction.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-07-2004, 01:33 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to ursula
For my list, please have a cup of coffee available due to time cumsumption

1. My nails were turning yellow on the hand I smoked with

2. Kissing me had to be like kissing an ashtray

3. My oldest dd was always telling me, "Those are going to kill you, mom".

4. My dh begged me to quit b/c he didn't want to lose me to them .

5. Giving away $3+ per day for something that was killing me didn't make much sense, but I did it anyway due to the addiction.

6. My youngest dd would take the straw out of a Caprisun and pretend to smoke it Click here to enlarge

7. My oldest told me all the time my clothes smelled like smoke

8. It was very hot in the summertime smoking outside

9. I promised my dad a few years back when he bought me a brand new car that I wouldn't smoke anymore Click here to enlarge

10. Food tasted good, but not as good as it does now (which also has caused a problem b/c it makes me eat more Click here to enlarge )
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-07-2004, 02:07 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

smell, yuk!

freezing outside just to smoke

wasting money

dawn
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-07-2004, 03:45 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to Twinsanity Twatwaffles
The shame.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-07-2004, 06:07 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I hated the cost and the smell the most. I miss the feeling, though. Click here to enlarge

I've been holding my breath several times today to make my lungs ache. Then I feel better. Very strange. Click here to enlarge
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-07-2004, 06:11 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to Harlot
I don't know that I could add more to what has already been said. I can see now how awful it was. It's amazing how blinded you are when you are addicted. Click here to enlarge

I never thought I could...
Steady feet, don't fail me now

I don't remember what day this is without coffee, but it's a day and it's going.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in