Pregnancy & Quitting smoking - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Kickin Butts A forum for those who are trying to quit smoking and those who already have to provide support and encouragement.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-12-2004, 06:10 AM Thread Starter
Ambulance Chaser

Pregnancy & Quitting smoking

No I'm not pregnant! Click here to enlarge I was just wondering why with each of my children I was able to quit smoking without any problems as soon as I found out I was pregnant, but now I can't for the life of me do it without being a miserable bitch.

Anyone else? On the other hand my little sister just found out she is pregnant for the first time and she is still smoking! Click here to enlarge She said that she is trying but can't do it! And advice so I can help her out here?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-12-2004, 06:16 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to mominatrix
My cousins all continued smoking as well Click here to enlarge
I have to say, I thought I was being clever and would allow myself one cigarette a month in my first pregnancy Click here to enlarge. BUT it did help me get rid of my 10 a day habit for the 9 months... Oh the horrible horrible justifications of a smoker. Makes me so sad now.

I quit smoking this summer because my oldest said he wanted to be a smoker when he grew up. I have always been an apologetic smoker, standing out of the way, making excuses, so this made me feel even more ashamed.
So my children did have to do with my quitting, eventhough I started right up after their pregnancies again.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-12-2004, 06:34 AM
Ambulance Chaser

I never smoked another cigarette once I learned that I was pregnant. I'm not sure how I was able to quit so easily, but I do remember that the smell/taste of them made me stomach turn. I'm sure that helped a lot.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-12-2004, 07:23 AM
Ambulance Chaser

I was to sick. Throwing up all the time made it easy for me. When I saw a ashtray or smelled smoked I would get sick.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-12-2004, 07:33 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to Harlot
Click here to enlarge Smoking made me sick when pg. I did occasionally light up, but can count on one hand how many times I did while pg.

You have to quit for yourself. It always seems easier when there is someone else that you are responisble for. Once that burden is relieved (no longer pg) you don't have that one issue keeping you from smoking anymore.

I never thought I could...
Steady feet, don't fail me now

I don't remember what day this is without coffee, but it's a day and it's going.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in