BAH! I suck. - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Kickin Butts A forum for those who are trying to quit smoking and those who already have to provide support and encouragement.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-16-2004, 02:04 PM Thread Starter
AMG
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

BAH! I suck.

I showered last night so I wouldn't wake up smelling like smoke. And what did I do? Got as far as the 7-11 on my way in to work.

Click here to enlarge

I know I can do this. I want to do this. I never, ever, ever again want DH to ask me to go brush my teeth before he kisses me Click here to enlarge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-17-2004, 01:55 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to mominatrix
You can do this

How about weighing the honest pros and cons? My love of smoking and the 3.5 minutes of peace it allowed me, always won out, until one day it just stopped making sense. I actually figured out that 90% of my smoking was now done in stealth of the kids (and included a special smoking coat that stayed outside, brushing teeth, etc) and only 10% was pleasurable in a pub or with my ever-dwindling smoking friends
No one likes a math nerd I know, but it made sense to me Click here to enlarge

Good luck
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-17-2004, 01:45 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

How much money does it cost you to smoke? If you saved that money for a month, what could you buy for yourself?

How much life does it cost you to smoke? If you saved each day that smoking is costing you, what could you do with your children/grandchildren/great grandchildren?

How much self-respect does it cost you to smoke? How much better would you feel about yourself without smoking?

As hard as it is to not beat yourself up, remember that each day, each hour, each puff is another chance to quit.

You CAN do it, and you WILL do it. Maybe not right this second, but you'll figure out what it's worth to you and that it's not worth what you're paying for it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in