2 flipping months - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Kickin Butts A forum for those who are trying to quit smoking and those who already have to provide support and encouragement.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-05-2004, 09:34 AM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

2 flipping months

I have been on wellbutrin for 2 months and I am still smoking. Click here to enlarge I haven't noticed a difference other than it messes with my memory and I keep losing things Click here to enlarge

2 weeks ago, I lost my keys. Last week, I lost my second set at work and never did find them. The next day, I lost my wallet outside of work that my coworker found, thank dog. Today, I got gas and the clerk noticed my one lone valet key. He asked me if i lost my keys and I'll be damned, there was my first set hanging on the wall Click here to enlarge

Ok, so I am obviously not doing very well. I think it is time to go for the patches also.

sigh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-05-2004, 10:57 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I've never been on Wellbutrin or the patch, but I've heard that the patch has worked well for many people.

Are you going to set a date? I think that preparing yourself with a date and having the patches ready on that date would probably h.elp.

You can do it, and I know you will. Click here to enlarge
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-15-2004, 06:55 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I did that the first time I was on it. Not quitting that is. The second time I actually set a date exactly 2 weeks after my first pill and I stuck to it. I made sure I finished all my butts the night before. I chained smoked like a fool the night before I quit.Click here to enlarge

I also bought a box of patches for backup. After the second day I was bawling my eyes out, a lovely withdrawl symptom. I put a patch on and within 20 minutes I felt great.

The best thing I think is to make a plan and stick to it, period. If you had a plan and didn't stick to it, I would start over. Including getting off the Wellbutrin for awhile, then going back on it. It did help a lot. You will notice a difference if you stop smoking.

Good luck and always remember, YOU CAN DO IT!!Click here to enlarge
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-15-2004, 02:27 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to OverTheTop
I'm doing nicotine gum and it helps me SO much more than the patch ever did. The patch made me itch like crazy and I didn't get the oral experience I get from smoking or having something in my mouth.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in