I think I quit - Page 2 - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Kickin Butts A forum for those who are trying to quit smoking and those who already have to provide support and encouragement.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-21-2004, 06:30 AM Thread Starter
Ambulance Chaser

This is just fucking ridiculous. I know the whole there is no right time to quit thing, but seriously what the fuck? Are the powers that be having that much fun laughing at me, do I need to be punished for smoking, does it need to be this hard???

On top of the whole it's christmas, and my step son is here stress I just found out my brother has been hospitalized and is in need of yet another brain surgery. I am fucking stressed out people, this is just not funny Click here to enlarge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-21-2004, 08:09 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

(((mouthy))) I hate when the world does this to you. It really does seem that bad things happen when we try to quit smoking. Maybe there are forces that are trying to test our resolve, ya know? My mom died about a week into my quit, so I understand how you are feeling right now, truly.

Just know that smoking is not going to change anything at all. You only think it will help you cope because that's what you've been subconsciously telling yourself.

I know how badly you want that cigarette to fix the stress in your life, but truthfully, it isn't. Oh how I wish that was the answer to life's stress - I'd smoke in a heartbeat - knowing the dangers involved.

I'll be praying for your strength, and praying that your brother get the help he needs to be healed. Click here to enlarge
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-21-2004, 09:38 AM Thread Starter
Ambulance Chaser

I am very proud of myself. I went to the store an hour ago fully intending to grab a pack of smokes. Instead I walked out with gum, chocolate and pop Click here to enlarge
post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-25-2004, 09:44 AM Thread Starter
Ambulance Chaser

Just so you know, I bought a 20 pack for Christmas. My brother is quite a bit sicker than originally thought, and I am very scared. My husband, who was my biggest supporter, gave me his blessing. I plan to quit again in the New Year. It may well be a crutch, but it is one I dearly need right now.
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-25-2004, 10:26 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Click here to enlarge

MouthYmum - I totally understand your decision. I'm sorry to hear about your brother. Focus your attention on what you need to right now.

We'll be here. Don't be a stranger to this forum, k? You don't have to be not smoking to post here! I do hope that you will quit smoking again in the near future. In the meantime, I'll say a prayer for your brother.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in