Sybermoms Parenting Forum

Sybermoms Parenting Forum (https://www.sybermoms.com/forums/)
-   Kickin Butts (https://www.sybermoms.com/forums/299-kickin-butts/)
-   -   Hmm...Is it supposed to be THIS easy? (https://www.sybermoms.com/forums/299-kickin-butts/295570-hmm-supposed-easy.html)

peeair 05-04-2005 08:27 AM

Hmm...Is it supposed to be THIS easy?

This is my third smoke-free day. I'm using the Nicoderm CQ patch (21 mg) and I swear, this quitting smoking thing has been a piece of cake. I'm just waiting for the ball to drop. I was smoking almost a pack a day and while I am having some cravings, it's nothing I can't talk myself out of, kwim? And the cravings are far and few between as long as I keep myself busy. This just feels too easy to me...

Has anyone else used the patch and if so, what was your experience on it? I'm a little bit nervous about dropping down to the 15 mg patch in a few weeks but realistically I know that if I notice it at all it will only be for a few days and at that point, the actual smoking HABIT will be gone...er...less, anyways.

So...yay me! I'm really proud of myself.

wabbit 05-04-2005 08:53 AM

:clap Good for you for quitting! You should be damn proud of yourself!

I did the patch. I don't really remember having any weird stuff happen when switching down. I agree, if you experience anything, it might only be for a day or two. By the time I switched to step 2, I was having no problems not smoking. I also used the info from www.quitsmokingonline.com though, so that played a big part in making me not want or need to smoke anymore.

Keep it up, you can do it :)

little_dem 05-04-2005 01:24 PM

It can be that easy, good for you! Now, count your blessings and never decide that just because it is easy this time it will be next time if you give into the little "just one voice". Sometimes people find it realy easy, give in to the one ciggarette, end up smoking again and then have a hell of a time the next time they try to quit.

It may get harder down the line but you should handle it no problem. Congrats!

mouthySCUM 05-04-2005 02:17 PM

This time it was dead easy for me. It was more like deciding to stop than an ordeal. I am glad it is going well for you :clap

peeair 05-04-2005 03:35 PM

mouthy, how did you do it? cold turkey?

Congrats, btw. Don't you feel so much healthier? :)

mouthySCUM 05-05-2005 03:56 AM

Yes, cold turkey. I started while I was sick as a dog though (which I imagine helped). It was far from my first attempt at quitting, but seems like it will be my last :D

So much healthier. It's crazy. I can smell people, and breath and walk up all the steep hills littering my little city :lol