Hmm...Is it supposed to be THIS easy? - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Kickin Butts A forum for those who are trying to quit smoking and those who already have to provide support and encouragement.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-04-2005, 08:27 AM Thread Starter
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Hmm...Is it supposed to be THIS easy?

This is my third smoke-free day. I'm using the Nicoderm CQ patch (21 mg) and I swear, this quitting smoking thing has been a piece of cake. I'm just waiting for the ball to drop. I was smoking almost a pack a day and while I am having some cravings, it's nothing I can't talk myself out of, kwim? And the cravings are far and few between as long as I keep myself busy. This just feels too easy to me...

Has anyone else used the patch and if so, what was your experience on it? I'm a little bit nervous about dropping down to the 15 mg patch in a few weeks but realistically I know that if I notice it at all it will only be for a few days and at that point, the actual smoking HABIT will be gone...er...less, anyways.

So...yay me! I'm really proud of myself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-04-2005, 08:53 AM

Click here to enlarge Good for you for quitting! You should be damn proud of yourself!

I did the patch. I don't really remember having any weird stuff happen when switching down. I agree, if you experience anything, it might only be for a day or two. By the time I switched to step 2, I was having no problems not smoking. I also used the info from www.quitsmokingonline.com though, so that played a big part in making me not want or need to smoke anymore.

Keep it up, you can do it Click here to enlarge
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-04-2005, 01:24 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

It can be that easy, good for you! Now, count your blessings and never decide that just because it is easy this time it will be next time if you give into the little "just one voice". Sometimes people find it realy easy, give in to the one ciggarette, end up smoking again and then have a hell of a time the next time they try to quit.

It may get harder down the line but you should handle it no problem. Congrats!
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-04-2005, 02:17 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

This time it was dead easy for me. It was more like deciding to stop than an ordeal. I am glad it is going well for you Click here to enlarge
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-04-2005, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

mouthy, how did you do it? cold turkey?

Congrats, btw. Don't you feel so much healthier? Click here to enlarge
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-05-2005, 03:56 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Yes, cold turkey. I started while I was sick as a dog though (which I imagine helped). It was far from my first attempt at quitting, but seems like it will be my last Click here to enlarge

So much healthier. It's crazy. I can smell people, and breath and walk up all the steep hills littering my little city Click here to enlarge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in