From AMG's post... - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Kickin Butts A forum for those who are trying to quit smoking and those who already have to provide support and encouragement.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-02-2006, 05:37 AM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to gracie
From AMG's post...

Quote:
I don't know how how to get away from the WANTING of the cigarette. Again, I don't believe that at this point it's the need for nicotine. It's the habit that is killing me....
Last time I quit, it was for 2 years, and I can promise you...promise you...that there will be a day that just the mere thought of smoking will disgust you. The smell will make your stomach turn, and you will feel so so so much better about yourself.

Until that day arrives....(and I learned this in a 12 step program..and it works!)...every day you wake up tell yourself you will not smoke today. Don't worry about tomorrow, or further down the road, because that can really bring you down. If that doesn't help, then tell yourself you won't smoke this hour, or even this minute, then worry about the next hour/minute when it comes. The thought of being a non-smoker really unnerves me. How will I ever be able to function not smoking again? Will I actually be able to live life without something I find security and comfort in? These are thoughts that went through my head then, and are going through my head now. But it's the addiction talking to us, sending it's evil Click here to enlarge thoughts to taunt us. In a few months, we will be so relieved to be FREE from the prison.

I am really grateful for this forum...It makes this process a little easier knowing that I'm not alone in this.

/mythoughtsfortoday
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-02-2006, 09:59 AM
AMG
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Thank you, very much. I will be reading this over & over & over again.

Click here to enlarge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in