I feel like relapsing - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Kickin Butts A forum for those who are trying to quit smoking and those who already have to provide support and encouragement.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 06:24 AM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

I feel like relapsing

School started back up for dd this morning, so I'm all alone in the house. I almost convinced myself to pick up a pack on my way back home from dropping her off.

I am starting to think that quitting smoking can wait and I should focus on weight loss first. My sister is getting married in May, and I am her MOH. I was going to start eating right/exercise in order to be able to look decent in a fucking gown.

I don't know what possessed me to think I can quit smoking and lose weight.

I am seriously considering putting this off until after May.

I went out and bought myself an elliptical machine yesterday and plan to hop on it whenever the really bad cravings hit. I put it together last night, and it is really hard - a lot harder than the ones at the gym. Or, maybe it's just that I'm more out of shape.

Today is day three for me, and the past hour has been harder for me than the first two days combined. Click here to enlarge is up with that!

Click here to enlarge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 06:48 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via AIM to Box of Rain Send a message via MSN to Box of Rain Send a message via Yahoo to Box of Rain Send a message via Skype™ to Box of Rain
First three days are the hardest. DO NOT DO IT!!!!!!!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 07:32 AM
Ambulance Chaser

Stay on it! It seems like too many goals at once, but you are on the right track. Use your desire to get fit to help you through the cravings. Drink a gigantic glass of water when you crave a cigarette. A bag of light popcorn is your friend in both the health and quitting world. you can eat an entire bag without feeling guilt, and it keeps your hands busy.

Don't buy cacky food, and you should be able to eat through the odd craving without getting fat. Hop on the eliptical for the 5 minutes it takes the craving to go away.

You can do it.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 07:33 AM

That's the nicodemon trying to keep it's hold on you! After 3 days ALL of the nicotine is out of your system. Just don't do it! Getting on the elliptical is going to help way more than smoking in your weight loss efforts, in the long run. When you get past this day without smoking, you'll wonder why you were having such a hard time in the first place.

You can do it!!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 08:12 AM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Thanks you guys. I'm feeling better, and your encouraging responses really helped.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 11:51 AM
Holy crap they actually sat together and smiled
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to Coralblur
Don't give in. I promise it does get easier.

An amazing charity
Please remind your children what to do if their clothing catches fire. It could save their life.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 01:08 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to gracie
PLEASE don't give in!! Those reasons you gave to start back up are called reservations. So, say you do start up again so that you can focus on other things. So, what happens when those other things are accomplished, and you quit again? There will ALWAYS be more "reasons" to stay smoking. Always.

You CAN do this!!! Hell, girl, if I can, you can Click here to enlarge I have the weakest willpower there is. I'm on day 4 and I feel the same way. I've been thinking about smoking all day long.

You are not ALONE!! Keep up with posts like this...don't keep your thougts of smoking a secret!! Getting it all out to friends who understand what you're going through will help you out immensely Click here to enlarge

Keep it up!! Click here to enlarge
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 03:00 PM
AMG
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

If I can fucking go two weeks, anyone can Click here to enlarge

Hang in there! Click here to enlarge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in