When did you quit and what was your motivation? - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Kickin Butts A forum for those who are trying to quit smoking and those who already have to provide support and encouragement.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-2006, 07:51 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

When did you quit and what was your motivation?

Sept 12, 05. I quit after a hospital stay due to smoking. I'm only 34..... Too young to be on oxygen 24/7. www.quitnet.net is a great support forum. If you have not checked them out yet you should!

What about you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-2006, 09:06 PM
Ambulance Chaser

April 12, 2005. I had a rare and horrible throat infection. Rare in that I never get them, and horrible in the relation to pain, length and my nagging fear that something was "wrong". It finally clicked how stupid I was everytime I lit up.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-2006, 09:50 PM
Holy crap they actually sat together and smiled
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to Coralblur
December 24, 2005

Dh wanted to quit and needed my support so I quit buying them for either one of us.

An amazing charity
Please remind your children what to do if their clothing catches fire. It could save their life.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-22-2006, 01:38 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

1/2/06, but I've slipped up this week. Click here to enlarge

My motivation was my new year's resolution. I normally make one every year to lose weight, and I always said after I lost weight I'd quit smoking. Well, I wasn't doing so great on the losing weight part so I figured I'd try the smoking.

That is what finally got me to decide to quit. The main reasons, though, are for my health and I didn't want my kids to see me smoking anymore. My son had that health class in school last year and was talking a lot about wanting me to quit, and it made me feel really shitty that my child was worried about my health.

Anyway, I'm going to quit again, although I don't really consider myself as having started back up to the point that I need to "quit." I just need to toss the smokes and go back to how things were - me as a nonsmoker.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-25-2006, 04:03 PM

When I quit for good it was January 13th, 2005. I mainly quit for my dd. I knew I didn't want her remembering me smoking, cause I sure as hell don't ever want her to ever smoke. It was just time. I knew it was the stupidest thing I had been doing for so long and I was done being a fucking idiot slave to big tobacco Click here to enlarge
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-25-2006, 10:03 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I just quit about 6-8 weeks ago? I started smoking in highschool and smoked for 5 years until I got pg with DD. I then quit for 5 years, and about 18 months ago I started up again after all that time. SO STUPID. I started because some new friends of mine smoked. Yuck. So I was never really happy that I started again and didnt plan to smoke for long (unlike when I originally started in HS I thought I would probably smoke forever if I wanted).

Anyway the week I quit I just kind of randomly decided that after I was done with the current pack I was done. I didnt spend much time thinking about it or planning it, I just did it pretty unexpectedly. Click here to enlarge Im glad I did, and its been a lot easier than I expected it would be.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-25-2006, 10:32 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Try getting involved in a running program. I quit for good when I started running (I don't run as much anymore but I still work out every day).

I can't do that if I smoke.

Besides..dh quit about a year ago. If I smoked again..it would not be good. Now if we could both get rid of the extra 10 or so pounds we are carrying around (not due to quitting smoking..me hormonal bc and him stress).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in