Started Chantix today - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Kickin Butts A forum for those who are trying to quit smoking and those who already have to provide support and encouragement.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-31-2008, 07:40 AM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Started Chantix today

So I started Chantix today and my quit date is next Sunday June 8. I have heard great things about this medication and I really hope it helps. I have to quit, it's a stupid,gross, unhealthy and expensive habit.
So I am going to use this thread to bitch and vent my the kids are driving me up a wall instead of having a cigarette.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 10:42 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

good luck! I quit mid January cold turkey. Its the only way for me. I was randomly bitching on this thread but it has already dropped off.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 09:17 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Update? Click here to enlarge I filled my rx for Chantix but haven't taken it yet...

I haven't hocked Scentsy in forever.
So I decided it was time to change my signature.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-10-2008, 10:52 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I am just starting my fourth week. It took until the third week for me to quit, and yet I still haven't Click here to enlarge I smoke two cigs a day, both after kids are in bed. Yesterday I didn't have any, but tonite my neighbor gave me some to smoke.

It makes the cigs taste horrible. It is purely the hand to mouth action that I smoke for, the physical addiction. I don't really want a cig, I don't worry about when I get a break at work so I can smoke anymore, but late at night when everyone is asleep, I want to smoke.

The meds seem to make me feel sick if I smoke. I do think it works, however, I will say I have noticed a HUGE change in my moods since starting this (or cutting back on the cigs, not sure which is to blame). SO actually threatened to buy me cigs a couple days ago because I was so bitchy. I have no patience anymore. I hope that goes away soon!!

I hope everyone has good luck with it! I want to quit bad enough I am paying out of pocket for this damn medicine, so I am stuck taking it no matter what!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-12-2008, 03:04 AM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

See that's the issue I am having I only really want like 2 cigarettes a day which is much better than the pack and a half that I was smoking. But I seriously have no patience for stupid shit this week and everything seems like stupid shit. I have to be completely non smoking by June 19 as that is my follow up appointment.
So if you're on the fence fill the prescription and anticipate that it will take a little longer than what you expected to be completely smoke free.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-12-2008, 09:34 AM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

SO I just talked to someone who recently quit and it took her until her 3rd week to actually quit that makes me feel better. however I still want to kill one of the doctors that I work for. Not sure if that is because I am quitting smoking or if he's just being a fucking assholeClick here to enlarge
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-20-2008, 12:26 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I bet it is a little of both. I am on the fifth week now and attitude is worse than ever. I have not smoked since saturday, at all, which is nice. But my mood was bad enough yesterday that my boss kept trying to send me outside to smoke even though I told her I am NOT smoking anymore! That just pissed me off more lol.

The wanting to smoke is gone. I don't want a cig at all, even when around other people smoking. I just hope that sticks with me when I quit the meds. On the other hand, I sure as hell hope my mood swings get better when I quit!

Good luck to you on quitting!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in