So far - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Kickin Butts A forum for those who are trying to quit smoking and those who already have to provide support and encouragement.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-16-2011, 11:47 AM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

So far

I haven't smoked since Sunday night. It's now Weds, so roughly 72 hours. I am using the nicotine patch. Click here to enlarge

I still had withdrawal despite the patch. I was teary Monday and was full on depressed and sobbing Tues. This morning I woke up and am fine, wondering what all the fuss was for the last 2 days about. Oh well, different people react differently. Click here to enlarge

I am going to use the 21 mg patch this week, next week 14 mg, and the third week the 7 mg. I want the nicotine out of my system ASAP but I am too chicken to do cold turkey. Click here to enlarge the counselor smoking cessation gave the idea, and I am checking in with her by phone every other day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-17-2011, 07:29 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Great job!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-21-2011, 06:08 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

One step backwards, one step forward.

I started crying again, took the patch off, smoked a pack, then dusted myself off and called the counselor. Switched to a lower dose of the patch, evidently 21 mg is waaaay too much for me. Currently smoke-free and crying-free since Saturday. Click here to enlarge

I am not happy I relapsed, but I am proud I didn't just give up entirely with the thinking that it was too hard and I am too weak to do it. It is hard, but not terribly so if I treat it like a medical problem, not a moral failing. And I am not weak, I am psychologically and physically addicted and it will take time and practice to re-learn new behaviors, and I won't be perfect at it since it's a new skill.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-21-2011, 06:10 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Click here to enlarge Good job. I smoke a little over a pack a day and use patches when I travel and 21mg makes me so incredibly ill. Good for catching that.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-22-2011, 04:38 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

good for you! i wish i could quit. my dr is gonna give me chantix at the end of the month to try and help me quit. hopefully that works but i don't know how much i'll have to pay for it either so it might not happen either. lol
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-22-2011, 01:02 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

You realized what you had wasn't working and you tried to fix it, sounds like you are on the right path! What do you think you are more addicted to-the nicotine in the cig or the habit of smoking? Mine is definitely habit all the way!

Not sure if you would be interested, but the E cig is working great for me. I am technically still smoking (vapor lol) and still getting the nicotine-but without all the other crap. And I am now smoking 8 mg of nicotine vapor. It is easy to lower the levels on them. But again, mine is mainly the act of actually smoking. I am hoping to get myself down to 0 mg and then try to get away from the actual smoking part.

And as far as chantix goes....Good luck! It made me a raving bitch. Sure, smokes tasted horrible so I didn't want to smoke-well I wanted to smoke but when I lit up they were nasty. But no one wanted to be around me because I hated the world. Chantix worked for hubby though so hopefully it works for you!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-22-2011, 01:05 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Click here to enlarge
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-01-2011, 09:01 AM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Fell of wagon. DH in hospital, friend died. I know there's never a good time to quit, but this is a perfect storm of "not a good time." doing round 345 next week. Considering ecigs.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-06-2011, 09:08 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Oh wow! I don't blame ya-sounds like a rough time right now Click here to enlarge Hope things get better for you all soon. If you decide to do the ecigs and have any questions, there is an awesome forum with tons of info. Good luck and remember, it usually takes many many tries before someone does kick the habit! You can do it Click here to enlarge
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-09-2015, 06:45 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Good, You are courage.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in