Sybermoms Parenting Forum

Sybermoms Parenting Forum (https://www.sybermoms.com/forums/)
-   Kickin Butts (https://www.sybermoms.com/forums/299-kickin-butts/)
-   -   E Cigs? (https://www.sybermoms.com/forums/299-kickin-butts/623639-e-cigs.html)

raemax 11-17-2011 07:43 PM

E Cigs?

Has anyone here tried them? I tried chantix years ago and it made me a raving bitch, ready to kill anyone who crossed my path lol. So last time we bought our cigarettes, DH saw an E cig for 20 bucks, so he picked it up. I tried it, liked it and bought myself one.

Here is the deal. I know they still have nicotine so they aren't necessarily "safe" but they don't have the other crap that regular smokes do, so they have to be a bit better, right?

Anyway, we bought them last thursday. I wasn't sure how long the filter piece with the flavor would last, so of course I was still smoking regular cigs. I have smoked 3 packs in a week (and usually I can easily do a pack/pack and a half a day). Yesterday I had 2 regular cigarettes while my battery was charging (and they tasted horrible for the first puff or two-but then was able to smoke it with no problem), the night before I had a total of I think 5? And today, I have had none. I am smoking the E cig though. I bought some of the juice for it which is really cheap, much cheaper than smoking! I started out with a 24 mg of nicotine juice and now I am on 18 mg. Next ones I ordered to try are only going to be 12 mg. Basically weaning myself down. But my biggest issue is the habit of actually smoking-holding it, puffing, etc.

This ended up longer than I meant, sorry. But basically wanted to say I have dropped the level of nicotine, have not smoked nearly as much (and again, NONE today at all), and I feel better already. So I am truly hoping this helps me eventually quit smoking all together!

Empress 11-20-2011 12:57 PM

I haven't tried them, but if it works for you that's great! :clap

chaotickass 11-21-2011 03:58 AM

I've been wanting to try them. They have a stand at the mall here with them. Maybe I'll take a look when I get paid.

Patsit 11-21-2011 05:18 AM

DH's co worker switched to them and still "smokes" one a day of whatever is the lowest they come in (DH's report to me). He had been smoking for 30 years I believe. He is totally smoke free.

raemax 11-21-2011 02:28 PM

Well I just received my 12 mg (started on 24, moved to 18 and tomorrow will be on 12). They also sent me a sample flavor in 8 mg :) I am trying to move down to 0 mg of nicotine. My biggest part is the habit of smoking-but as a kid I chewed my hair, fingernails, pen caps, then gum-until I found cigarettes. So I bet it will take quite a while to move away from the actual "smoking" part of it, but I figure if I get rid of the nicotine it is still better than nothing!

So in all actuality, I am still "smoking" but it is a vapor nicotine replacement. I haven't had an actual cigarette since the 2 I had last Wednesday. And DH has gone down on how much he smokes-was up to 2 packs a day and now a pack is lasting him 2 days!! That is awesome for him! I am very excited about them (and about all the freaking flavors you can order, my sample I got today is bubblegum! lol)

chaotickass 11-22-2011 04:43 AM

where did you get them?

raemax 11-22-2011 12:58 PM

I bought the actual electronic cigarette at a smokeshop for 20 bucks. I buy the juices for it online, there are a ton of vendors and even more flavors to choose from!