Clever Witticism Goes Here - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
New Member Introductions Introduce yourself to the community here!
RulesGetting Started With Sybermoms.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 04:55 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Clever Witticism Goes Here

Hello all. I usually don't post "welcome" posts, but I wanted a convenient excuse to say how impressed I am with this community. It's really pretty remarkable. I found it while doing research for an article, but if you all don't mind I think I'll stick around awhile.

**How did you hear About us? If from another site, which one and what was/is your username there?
(and if you say "Google" what did you search to find us?)

Yep, google. "parenting message boards".

**Were you referred by a current or past member of Sybermoms? Who?

Nope.

**How many kids? Ages?

None yet. House, then PhD, then kids is the current plan. My guy wants four, I'd been thinking two, so imagining we will evaluate after seeing how insane the first one makes us.

**What kind (brand, model, year) of Child Safety Restraint Devices do you have, and when was the last time you checked for recalls on them? If it's been a while, you can check right now at that link.

None, but the phrase "child safety restraint device" is pretty funny from the non-parent-indoctrination perspective.

**Will you cry if picked on?

No, but I fight dirty.

**Will you threaten to sue us if we hurt your feelings?

Only if I think it might actually result in cash.

**Have you ever, at any website, posted a goodbye post?

No, I just disappear quietly into the coldness of the night, the melodramatic wind making a icicles of my tears and filling my soul with a keening song of perpetual loneliness.

**Have you ever, at any website, or IRL, faked an illness/your own death/someone else's death to gain attention/sympathy/get out of trouble/get laid?

I am pleased to say that this is a depth of lameness to which I have not sunk in my twelve years on the internet.

**Will you join in and pick on others?

I'm really not the picking on type, but I enjoy exchanging good natured barbs with smart people who understand that verbal abuse on the internet can be a form of love.

** Are you aware that picking on children and people with disabilities isn't very funny?

Did you guys really have a problem with that here? (Re this question and the next.) That sucks. And yeah, it is not funny.

** Are you aware that using the term re.tard, or any variation thereof as an insult does not make you funny or cool? It displays your limited imagination and a marked lack of class.

The smartass in me really wants to respond "yes, that's retarded" to this question, but for the record, since this is the first time I'm posting here, I agree with the sentiment and have friends with disabilities and there really is nothing funny about it. Duly noted that it is apparently a sensitivity point here.

**If you heard of Sybermoms by "word of mouth", what is the one thing that stuck out most for you, about our reputation?

Nope, found you on google.

**Are you Magnolia Blue? JAS? willi? Meli?

I have no idea what this refers to, and a quick google tells me I don't necessarily need to feel embarassed for that ignorance, so I'm assuming these are references to prior problem members. Nope, I am me, and I do this weird thing on the internet of actually using my real name. I am fully trackable and googleable, and yes, the first page of google hits for "erin hoffman" are me (at the moment).

**Do you have any questions for us? (please note to all the WR groupies, you don't have to be a badass to everyone on these threads.)

Not that can't be answered through research, and I don't want to commit the faux pas of asking something already answered elsewhere. So rock on. \m/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 06:37 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to Juniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinHoffman

No, I just disappear quietly into the coldness of the night, the melodramatic wind making a icicles of my tears and filling my soul with a keening song of perpetual loneliness.
\m/

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 07:59 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

lol that's great Click here to enlarge
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Thanks, I try. Click here to enlarge

Let me see if I can get this right...

Click here to enlarge
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-18-2007, 01:41 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Oooh you have a sense of humor.

Welcome!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-18-2007, 06:32 AM
Samantha Louise, 12 years old on 1/14/16
Hard-Core Sybermom

I like you. Stick around. And you will be showered with love when you have your first baby, unless you screw up sometime before then.

--cited as one of sybermoms' most normal members.

http://365project.org/iowafalduto/365
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-18-2007, 01:50 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquigSoup
I like you. Stick around. And you will be showered with love when you have your first baby, unless you screw up sometime before then.
Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

*this is me, stalking the WR*
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-18-2007, 02:39 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Thanks, all, I appreciate it. And I'll try not to screw up, unless it is in some entertaining fashion.

I love the Shelob smiley!

Click here to enlarge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in