Update - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
New Member Introductions Introduce yourself to the community here!
RulesGetting Started With Sybermoms.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-04-2016, 05:55 PM Thread Starter
Blue Tongue Lizard
Hard-Core Sybermom

Update

Because I know you are all curious. Click here to enlarge we are all good.
Hubby is still at the same job. I am on year 6 in the school system as a para 1:1. I took a year off when I was laid off to homeschool my youngest, but was called back toward the end of that year. I have been with the same child for about 2 years, but I had been with him several years before. It's a good match. I also work pt at a nursing home front desk. Right now I am doing per diem, but I may start up again every other weekend.
My kids are awesome. My oldest, Alicia, is 23. She has been engaged once to an abuser, and gained strength from her standing up for herself. She lived with someone else for a year, and ended that in October. They were just not compatible. She is dating again, but with a lot more wisdom under her belt. She still lives with us, but is working 2 jobs in hopes of moving out in less than a year.
Matt will always be with us, and he has made amazing strides. He has a pt job nights. He learned to drive and owns his own truck. He has learned by watching his sister that relationships are expensive and fickle. He has stayed single for about 3 yrs.
Jeremy is in high school now, and is doing really well. He is at a vo-tech and has really come out of his shell. He is very into computers, electronics, and robotics.
He has a nice group of friends.

We have had a rough last year. My mom and stepdad both passed last year within 3 weeks of each other, and then our dog passed. My sister has picks disease and has been spending 90% of her wake time in a wheelchair. It's been very hard on her family.
Some of you may remember when I was sick. Thankfully I have not had a recurrence and manage my health better with a pescatarian diet, yoga, and TOPS. I'm still overweight, but working on it.
So now you know way more that you ever wanted to know!!! If you know me from the way-back machine say hi!!Click here to enlarge

Oh and I am fucking TICKLED that all my emojis are still in use!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-05-2016, 10:30 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

OMG I CANNOT BELIEVE YOUR OLDEST IS 23 AND YOUR BABY IS IN HIGH SCHOOL.

I mean, my kids get older one day at a time. But my friends' kids morph overnight from chubby cheeked babies into teenagers. It's unnerving.

Molly is 15 and 5'10" tall and in 10th grade now, just so you can share in my bogglement over other people's kids growing up. Kiera is 12 and in 6th grade (and tall for her age but not yet tall enough that her height is startling).

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace. Where there is hatred, let me sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; and where there is sadness, joy.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-06-2016, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
Blue Tongue Lizard
Hard-Core Sybermom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomi View Post
OMG I CANNOT BELIEVE YOUR OLDEST IS 23 AND YOUR BABY IS IN HIGH SCHOOL.

I mean, my kids get older one day at a time. But my friends' kids morph overnight from chubby cheeked babies into teenagers. It's unnerving.

Molly is 15 and 5'10" tall and in 10th grade now, just so you can share in my bogglement over other people's kids growing up. Kiera is 12 and in 6th grade (and tall for her age but not yet tall enough that her height is startling).
Those babies we had in high chairs in Nephews restaurant are GOING TO START DRIVING NEXT YEAR. Click here to enlarge
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-15-2020, 08:14 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Thanks for sharing your journey, it inspires us. Helena
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-15-2020, 08:15 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I'd love to know more stories like this! Helena

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in