PCOS - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
New Member Introductions Introduce yourself to the community here!
RulesGetting Started With Sybermoms.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-20-2018, 08:54 AM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

PCOS

I am diagnosed with PCOS 18months ago. I was not having a period of nearly 2 years. I know when my period is due because I get really bad cramps etc. My doctor said I need to lose weight. I was already trying so hard to lose weight. I really want to get a proper period and put me on the combined pill. It means I get a withdrawal bleed every 3 weeks. But that doesn't stop me from getting bad cramps. Does anyone have any advice on how to lose the weight and keep it off?
Tell me useful tips. I am a foodie. It gets difficult for me to skip the food. Tell me any home remedy to avoid the cramps as well. I really want something to cover that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-30-2018, 05:43 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Some time its tough to face these problems, when yo suddenly know that you are having problems in your body but you have to research what actually its is Polycystic ovary syndrome sounds like it logically should be a situation where there are many cysts on women’s ovaries (that would make sense, right?) and in some cases that is correct, but actually a woman doesn’t have to have cysts to have PCOS. I am stiill finding out now, that it can also affect men’s health – although there is no equivalent of a PCOS diagnosis for men, but they can still carry the genes and pass it on to their sons and daughters. Essentially this is a whole body condition that is partially caused by genetics and partially caused by environment. After getting all the information regarding this visit doctor and have treatment according to that.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-30-2018, 12:08 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Hey there. I hope that you're doing good. I'm sorry for your PCOS. It is a condition that affects a woman's hormone levels. Women with PCOS produce higher than normal amounts of male hormones. This hormone imbalance causes them to skip menstrual periods. It makes it harder for them to get pregnant. To lose weight, eat a high fiber low sugar diet. Eat four to six meals throughout the day. Exercise for at least 30 mins a day. Well about cramps. They can be reduced by exercises. Healthy diets can also lower them. Try considering a healthy lifestyle. Avoid junk food. Everything will be fine. I hope this helps you. Stay strong.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-05-2018, 08:25 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Hello ladies! I am diagnosed that I have PCOS.with that its difficult to get pregnant but not impossible.I and my husband had great difficulty to conceive but finally, after the great struggle, we conceived a beautiful baby.It's a miracle for me.after PCOS things going to be difficult but after trying hard everything is possible.Good luck all.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-08-2018, 05:39 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Hey Madison! Welcome to the forum. So you are suffering from PCOS. To lose weight you have to eat healthy and avoid junk and oily food. Because they both are unhealthy and they make you fat. Try to do some cardio and workout, go for jogging in morning and you will start to feel some difference already. Stay strong and blessed! Much Love!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-11-2018, 07:50 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Hey Madison. I'm so sorry for your PCOS, Yes you need to lose weight, but not slowly. Losing weight rapidly is very bad for your health. So try to take care of your diet. Make sure you are not skipping any meals, it's better if you divide your larger meals into 6-7 smaller meals, so you can eat through out the day, it will keep you full. And you will also be able to avoid food full of fats easily. Eat fruits and vegetable, avoid fast food and fizzy drinks. Exercise in the morning and also at night. Go for running early morning. Yoga is a great remedy for your cramps. It will make your body relax and it will also make your body strong enough to endure all this pain. Good Luck! Much Love!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-12-2018, 10:39 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Hey there. Hope you are doing great. I am sorry to hear about you. Many people are being affected by many diseases nowadays. It is becoming quite common of people posting about their problems on the way of getting pregnant. People are very much worried about it. As your doctor has said you must lose some weight, then you should. Because the doctor must have said it on the basis of your external and internal health. You can start some exercises at home. Try some yoga, it is more helpful in losing weight. Try to cut carbs from your diet. Eat healthily and fresh. Eat fruits and vegetables to maintain your strength. For cramps, a home remedy which I know is to use a hot water bottle. It is quite helpful and will make you feel relaxed. Don't worry and don't panic for anything. You will be fine soon. Best wishes. Lots of baby dust on your way. More power to you.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-21-2018, 03:53 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madison View Post
I am diagnosed with PCOS 18months ago. I was not having a period of nearly 2 years. I know when my period is due because I get really bad cramps etc. My doctor said I need to lose weight. I was already trying so hard to lose weight. I really want to get a proper period and put me on the combined pill. It means I get a withdrawal bleed every 3 weeks. But that doesn't stop me from getting bad cramps. Does anyone have any advice on how to lose the weight and keep it off?
Tell me useful tips. I am a foodie. It gets difficult for me to skip the food. Tell me any home remedy to avoid the cramps as well. I really want something to cover that.
Hi there. How are you doing dear? Well, PCOS is such a problematic disease...I am also suffering from it for years. It has made unable for me to conceive a child. Now I'm having an IVF later this year at Ukraine while still having PCOS...Actually, they have suggested me a diet plan...Which is less effective in terms of increasing weight for me. I think if you can't skip food then you get your diet plan changed maybe that will help you better. I have also been given a list by the nutritionist of the clinic. So, I think that might help you better. Best of luck! Stay blessed! xx
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-04-2018, 11:28 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Weight gain is one of the symptoms of PCOS. You are going to have to put extra effort in it to avoid it. Regular exercise can help. Take green tea after your meals. You are going to have to cut down on food if you want to lose weight. Stop drinking sugary beverages. If you continue this, even your exercise won't have any effect on you. Sacrifice is important sometimes. Green tea and exercise also help with cramps.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-04-2018, 12:03 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madison View Post
Hi dear. I am sorry to know about your struggle. There are many women suffering from this. I think it is essential to know about this disease. In this way, you can deal with it better. My aunt was also suffering from PCOS. She had the similar case of bad cramps and no periods. I think it is the symptoms of PCOS. She gained a lot of weight due to this. Then she brought change in her diet and routine. Trust me she found the difference. You should also go for healthy things and regular exercise. Consult a doctor for proper medication. There are chances that you get out from this disease. Everybody is different. Even those who do not have PCOS feel bad cramps. Do not be stressed and go for the treatment. I wish you all the best.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-14-2018, 03:29 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Hi. I am sorry for your PCOS. I know you must have been very stressed about this. But please don't worry. Everything will be okay. In order to lose weight, I would advise you to eat healthily. Avoid eating junk food or oily food. These things may increase your weight a lot. Along with a healthy diet, you should exercise regularly. This can help you a lot in losing your weight. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in