myth or reality - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Gestation Station Got placenta? All knocked up and no place to post? Then join the fertile myrtles in Whormone Alley for your 40 week wait! You’ll fit right in with these whoremoanal hussies.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-26-2004, 07:48 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

myth or reality

I have a cousin who is also pg. She is a month behind me. Last time I talked to her I asked if she had heard the heartbeat. She told me no but it was b/c she was so thin. That made it harder to hear.
Then last night I talked to her and asked if she had felt the baby move. Just making Click here to enlarge conversation. She said no and again said it was probably b/c she is so thin.

Ok you aren't that thin but Click here to enlarge I am just a big fatty. So I always thought that fat people didn't fel the baby as soon b/c of all the fat. No offense to anyone, I am a fatty.Seems like she would feel it sooner being so thin Click here to enlarge and all. Of course she is prob not far enough along but that is not my point.

My point. Is weight a deciding factor in feeling the baby move or hering the heartbeat?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-26-2004, 08:07 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via MSN to joolzy Send a message via Yahoo to joolzy
She's either getting really bad information or is enjoying gloating over her thinness. Everything I have been told says that how soon you hear the heartbeat can depend on how heavy you are. The heavier you are the less likely you are to hear it early. The same goes for feeling movement.

In my experience, I would have to say for the most part I've always heard the hb around the same time despite my weight differences in each pregnancy. When I've felt the baby kick has varied quite a bit but it also didn't seem to depend so much upon my weight.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-26-2004, 08:22 PM
Ambulance Chaser

Not that I am aware of. Click here to enlarge
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-26-2004, 08:33 PM
AppleBottom
Ambulance Chaser

I don't think size has anything to do with it. I was heavy with my first DD and this time I am a bit smaller. I felt and heard everything about the same time.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-27-2004, 04:29 PM
Ambulance Chaser

Your cousin sounds like she has issues. IF anything she exactly wrong. With people who are very overweight, the heartbeat is sometimes heard a little later, depending on the quality of the doppler. You could politely tell her to get a clue and to be nice.Click here to enlarge
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-27-2004, 05:26 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via AIM to MSRX Send a message via Yahoo to MSRX
She's got it backwards. I've heard that more plump women don't feel the baby move as soon as a skinny woman does (makes sense, if you are skin and bones and the little guy starts kicking you, you are going to feel it a lot more then someone with a lot of padding.) Every woman is different, and she is probably just a bit worried if she hasn't felt the baby move yet.
I was almost 6 months along before I felt my first baby move. Every day at work, everyone kept asking me if I'd felt her move yet, and it got really annoying because I wasn't feeling her move. I'm pleasantly plump, so that was part of it. Part of it was just her. My 2nd pregnancy I weighed the same but felt my son move way more then I ever felt my first move.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-27-2004, 06:44 PM
Ambulance Chaser

Fluffy women feel movement later and hear the hb later due to extra adipose tissue blocking the feeling/sound waves. Duh.

Also, not only can weight affect it, but the tilt of your uterus and the positioning of the placenta as well. She's weight obsessed.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-27-2004, 07:51 PM
Ambulance Chaser

I heard heartbeat at 11-12 weeks with both of my babes.

However, I have had ultra-sounds at 20 weeks with both because I couldn't feel movement. I was told both times is because I am very thin. It takes more momentum (sp) for the babe to actually bounce in there for me to feel it. When you are bigger I guess you have more room thus you feel stronger movement. That is how it was explained to me.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-28-2004, 09:23 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I have always heard skinny people feel it first.
And it just seems logical they would here the heartbeat sooner if not at the same rate as an old fatty.

I hope she gets real fat with lots of thick red stretch marks.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-28-2004, 10:43 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

She had it backwards and it sounds as if she has some issues.

However, I am thin and I didn't feel movement either time until about 22 to 25 weeks. I had an anterior placenta both times. I did hear the heartbeat early on with both.

I am walking to find a cure for Juvenile Diabetes
To Support me Click Here!
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-29-2004, 03:44 PM
Ambulance Chaser

I have always heard it the other way around. I was thin in my first pg and thin this time too. I heard the heartbeat around the same time with each pregnancy but was able to feel her moving earlier this time. I probably felt the baby moving last time but didn't know it was the baby.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-29-2004, 03:56 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Do you feel it sooner with a second pg?
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-30-2004, 07:20 PM
Ambulance Chaser

I know I am feeling movements earlier this, my second time around. From what I read it is because your muscles likely aren't as tight with your second child, and you know what you are feeling for.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in