doc says I may lose pregnancy?!? - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Gestation Station Got placenta? All knocked up and no place to post? Then join the fertile myrtles in Whormone Alley for your 40 week wait! You’ll fit right in with these whoremoanal hussies.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-22-2004, 11:42 AM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Unhappy doc says I may lose pregnancy?!?

I went to the doctor today to confirm my home PG test.Well he said the test was + but very faint. He told me to come back in 10 days to retest. He seems to think that I may have "failure to implant". Click here to enlarge

Anyone have any experience with this? I am so confused,do I be happy about being pregnant or worried that I will lose the pregnancy ?

BTW he said his wife had this happen to her twice in the last few months.Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-22-2004, 11:45 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

That seems inappropriate to me, catlover. His wife's experience isn't your business, nor is it helpful to you, kwim?

Did he do any blood work? I think he *might* be able to guess if your pg was viable from an HCG test. But not from a pee test.

I would not see a dr who acted like this at my first appointment.

I hope everything is fine and that you keep growing a healthy baby.Click here to enlarge
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-22-2004, 11:47 AM
Ambulance Chaser

I agree with Ima. I wouldn't like for the doctor to tell me that type of stuff w/o some proof to back it up, like decreasing HCG levels or an u/s. I hope he was wrong and that this pregnancy is healthy.
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-22-2004, 11:49 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Seriously, catlover. Get a new dr if possible.

This sounds fishy to me.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-22-2004, 11:51 AM
Ambulance Chaser

Well considering you have to have implantation for HCG to be produced, I'd say he was a nut case.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-22-2004, 11:52 AM
Ambulance Chaser

Get a new doctor. Stat. Doctors should not provide medical opinions or diagnoses based on what happened to their wives. Click here to enlarge

How many days past ovualtion are you? Many women will have a faint positive at the outset only to have a test show a darker line a few days later once more hCG is present.

Keep us updated. Click here to enlarge
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-22-2004, 11:59 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

I agree with the others. Did he do any bloodwork? Sounds fishy. My early tests were all very faint. I wish you luck for a happy and healthy pregnancy.

I am walking to find a cure for Juvenile Diabetes
To Support me Click Here!
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-22-2004, 12:04 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Did you Dr do a blood or urine test?

I'll shre my experience:

I had an implantation failure a few months before baby #1 was conceived. I got a +HPT and a positive blood test around 13-14 dpo. However, repeat HPT's never got any darker. At 18 dpo, it was positive but still faint. A repeat blood test a couple days later was negative. I lost the pregnancy the next day Click here to enlarge
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-22-2004, 12:05 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Not cool at all.

Go back to the practice, demand another doctor, and a blood test.

Idiot.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-22-2004, 12:24 PM
Heels
Ambulance Chaser

1. You do not have to have implantation for a postive pg test, I don't believe.

2. You need repeated quantitative blood testing (determines beta #) and not qualitative (straight yes or no) blood testing to determine if your beta numbers are rising properly. By repeated, I mean one and then another one at some prescribed time to determine whether or not your HCG count is properly doubling within the appropriate time period.

3. I would request a quantitative blood test asap and a repeat in the proper amount of time.
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-22-2004, 12:36 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to scout
My numbers rose properly with a blighted ovum that never implanted, so I think your doc is jumping the gun a bit. Get a second opinion.
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-22-2004, 03:00 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I think you ought to work on the assumption that you are pg and behave as such. Go ahead and be happy and don't go get drunk.Click here to enlarge
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-22-2004, 03:05 PM
Ambulance Chaser

I agree w/the others who said get a new doc. What BIH said, all of it, is correct. You do not need implantation to produce human chorionic gonadotropin, which is what pregnancy tests look for.

Get a new doc, and get a quant beta run. Click here to enlarge
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-22-2004, 04:13 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Firstly, Thanks for all the responses ! I knew you ladies would make me feel better.

I had my last period on May 22 and I got pregnant on either the 5th or 6th of June.

I have never had any problems with my doctor before today,he delivered my DD(see my AV). I asked about blood tests and he said they would not show anything,actually he talked about the blood test but I was too freaked to even remember what he said.

My DH and I talked a bit about the whole situation and the only thing we can figure is the doc was trying to prepare us for the possibility of a miscarrage ??

I personally would have rather he not say anything at all about it.I am going to go to a different doctor and see what he thinks.

Thanks for the support!
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-22-2004, 04:19 PM
Deb
Unsupportive Freeloader

catlover. I'm ashamed to admit this but almost ALL of my pregnancy tests are faint.

(All 30 that I kept from this pregnancy and ones before)

With each one I waited till i was 3 months to get a nice dark one. Everyones body is different. What happens to his wife has nothing to do with you.

Call back, the nurses can schesule blood tests. Call and ask for one, it's your right.

Just because he delived your dd doesnt mean hes not being a dipshit now Click here to enlarge

Keep us updated
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-22-2004, 04:20 PM
Beauty in flight
Hard-Core Sybermom

Location: On my lazy ass in this computer chair when I should be cleaning my house

Send a message via Yahoo to Turbo
My first test with this one was faint but using a different test maker, I got a darker line.

Good luck with your pregnancy and I hope everything works out fine. Click here to enlarge
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-22-2004, 04:20 PM
Deb
Unsupportive Freeloader

oh holy hell I just re read your post. Your LMP was 5/22

your dr is a dipass syupid you know what

Of course your line is faint, youre only 4 weeks! (and thats if you didnt ovulate late)

Go get a HPT, I'll bet ya tomorrow morning its darker!
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-22-2004, 05:43 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I say give that doc the flying fuck off and get a doc who is willing to work with you. A faint line doesn't mean shit. My friend who is due in 3 weeks had only the faintest line you could barely see. She and babe are fine. I will be praying all is well with you & bean.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-22-2004, 05:49 PM

When I was pregnant with Cal in the beginning, not only were my test faint, but they started to get more faint! When they couldn't find the hb on u/s, they wanted to schedule a D & C (they wanted me to decide if I wanted one or not). He is 13 months now.Click here to enlarge

I would find a new doc.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in