"You look like you are really putting on weight now" - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Gestation Station Got placenta? All knocked up and no place to post? Then join the fertile myrtles in Whormone Alley for your 40 week wait! You’ll fit right in with these whoremoanal hussies.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-10-2004, 11:14 PM Thread Starter
Beauty in flight
Hard-Core Sybermom

Location: On my lazy ass in this computer chair when I should be cleaning my house

Send a message via Yahoo to Turbo
"You look like you are really putting on weight now"

That's the first thing MIL said to me when she saw me today. Click here to enlarge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-11-2004, 12:43 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

sounds like something my MIL and her mother would say to me. When I was pregnant with C MILs mother said "wow, you look as big as a whale" Click here to enlarge

I think some people just don't think before they speak Click here to enlarge
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-11-2004, 07:09 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to Cosmo
I think you look great!
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-11-2004, 07:37 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Turbo, DO you look like your really putting weight on now? Bc I am afraid that I look like I am beginning to put weight on now. And I am not a happy camper. And as we have previously discussed, we look pretty similar in the weight/belly dept.

Click here to enlarge

I don't WANNA be enormous.Click here to enlarge

This post brought to you by the woman who ate the lowfat item at Olive Graden last night and had a hard time reaching her plate bc her tummy was in the way and bc her legs can't close well underneath her tummy.Click here to enlarge
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-11-2004, 08:53 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to Chatter
Click here to enlarge
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-11-2004, 09:01 AM
SDK
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

My mom is the worst for commenting on my weight. She thinks it is her business to know how much I have gained.

I am sorry your MIL is such a cow. Click here to enlarge

5/25
6.5km...7...7.5...8.0...8.5...9...9.5...10km
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-11-2004, 09:20 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

My mom is obsessed with my weight too. It's so over the top though, it's comical.

When she was here the other week she asked me how much longer I had to go; when I told her she said, "7 WEEKS!!!!! How are you going to make it?! You're ENORMOUS!!!!" Click here to enlarge Thanks a bunch. She was here 5 days and must have asked me 5 times how much weight I had gained so far. She also kept commenting on specific body parts and whether or not they looked fat, like pinching my arms and saying, "Your fingers are swollen but your arms still look thin." Click here to enlarge Who notices these things? She's such a fucking lunatic. Click here to enlarge

"Hands that help are far better than lips that pray."

--Robert G. Ingersoll (1833-1899)
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-11-2004, 01:09 PM Thread Starter
Beauty in flight
Hard-Core Sybermom

Location: On my lazy ass in this computer chair when I should be cleaning my house

I see I am not alone. Click here to enlarge MIL is one of those people who speaks without thinking but doesn't (usually) have bad intentions. Plus she is really over-the-top obsessed with weight - everyone's. She did go out of her way to tell me how great I look, etc, after she saw I was very annoyed by her comments.

Ima - I seriously doubt you will get enormous. Click here to enlarge We're getting close enough now that it shouldn't make too much of a difference if we put on some weight. I can definitely see more weight on my legs but it doesn't seem to be noticable to others (I still get tons of comments on being all belly) because my legs were scrawny to begin with. They look normal (and better) right now. Click here to enlarge My belly is getting huge though. It sticks soooo far out - it's like I haven't gone any wider to the sides so it's all hanging waaaayyyy out there. Click here to enlarge When I wear dresses (I try not to) it's ridiculous. At least with shorts/capris, you can see where the belly comes back in to meet my body.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-11-2004, 01:50 PM
RespectTheCruller
Ambulance Chaser

My MIL keeps asking if I'm exercising every day... And I'm not sure if she's doing that to be helpful or if she thinks I'm getting fat...

I had to ask her to stop it. She was making me paranoid.

I had a stranger come up to me, ask my due date, pat my belly and say I was huge. Click here to enlarge
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-12-2004, 12:13 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

on the phone with MIL today "Well you were already huge in June when we saw you..."
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-12-2004, 04:37 PM Thread Starter
Beauty in flight
Hard-Core Sybermom

Click here to enlarge

Why is it that so many people feel the need to comment on your weight when you're preggo anyway? I am so sick of hearing how big, small or even 'just right' I am for this stage in my pregnancy. Stop talking about my weight/girth! Click here to enlarge
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-12-2004, 07:46 PM
Ambulance Chaser

I have a colleague who feels that he must comment every time I see him. I feel the words "sexual harrassment" might need to fly in his direction.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in