No such luck - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Gestation Station Got placenta? All knocked up and no place to post? Then join the fertile myrtles in Whormone Alley for your 40 week wait! You’ll fit right in with these whoremoanal hussies.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 01:03 PM Thread Starter
Sulphur Crested Cockatoo
Hard-Core Sybermom

No such luck

I failed the 3 hour. Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge

Tell me it isn't so bad. Please? I don't know why I'm so terrified of sticking my finger. And do your doctors visits increase? Anything else change?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 01:26 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

It's not bad. Chances are you won't end up on insulin, and even if you do, the finget sticks are worse than the insulin shots.

Seriously, I would sit there with my face all squeenched up dreading having to stick my finger, but if I would just DO IT, it wasn't so bad.

I don't know about the dr visits because I was in the hospital most of that time.

You will have to change your diet to a controlled carbs diet.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-02-2004, 08:42 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

It's not so bad. The dietary changes are really good for you and the baby. Throw in some exercise (walking) and you've got a good chance of controlling with diet and exercise. Your dr's visits will probably be more frequent and you'll start having non-stress tests soon, with them becoming more frequent towards the end. The finger pokes aren't bad at all, but you will want to run that damn little machine over with your vehicle on your way home from the hospital! Click here to enlarge If you do end up on insulin, the shots hurt less than the finger pokes do.

The good thing about having GD now, is there are a ton of sugar-free, reduced carb products out their due to the low-carb craze right now. There isn't a whole lot that you will have to give up altogethe!

I had GD with my DD and am now an insulin dependent, Type 2. PM me anytime with questions as I have wayyyyyy too much experience with all this!
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-02-2004, 08:49 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

out *there*. Wugh.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-02-2004, 09:08 AM Thread Starter
Sulphur Crested Cockatoo
Hard-Core Sybermom

Thanks, Scooter. I really hope I don't have it even after the baby is born. That would suck! But it may force me to give up my sugar habit.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-02-2004, 11:04 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I think the statistic is that 90% of the time it goes away. With me, we wonder if I was diabetic or "pre"-diabetic before the pregnancy due to the way things have gone since. After I had DD, I lost a ton of weight, changed my eating habits, exercised and instead of getting better, my blood sugars have gotten worse and worse.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in