Fellow Ambien takers - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Gestation Station Got placenta? All knocked up and no place to post? Then join the fertile myrtles in Whormone Alley for your 40 week wait! You’ll fit right in with these whoremoanal hussies.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-15-2004, 04:44 AM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to Chatter
Fellow Ambien takers

Do NOT take Ambien, go to bed, and then give in to your horny manwhore. Click here to enlargeno Click here to enlarge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-15-2004, 06:25 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Were you even concious? Or were you hallucinating during sex? Click here to enlarge
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-15-2004, 06:30 AM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

It was like reaaaaaaaaaally good acid. Click here to enlarge
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-15-2004, 07:09 AM
Heels
Ambulance Chaser

I had absolutely no idea you could take Ambien during pg?

Aren't you supposed to wean off of it before getting pg?
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-15-2004, 07:20 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

BIH, it was offered to me in the hospital and don't you remember Naomi's story about taking it during labor?

But, as I lay awake and unable to go to sleep at 3 am, I was thinking about it and wondering why it was ok for pg women when it hasn't been on the market more than about 5 yrs. THat's not very long in terms of side effects showing up in the general population, etc.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-15-2004, 07:57 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via AIM to MSRX Send a message via Yahoo to MSRX
Ambien is catagory C--which means there are no known problems with it. Theoretically if a mom was taking it all the time, the baby would be at risk of withdrawal symptoms, but just taking it once a day for sleep wouldn't be a problem.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-15-2004, 08:16 AM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Ambien is given out like candy on L&D floors. Click here to enlarge It's very safe.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-15-2004, 01:42 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I have ambien to take when needed, but it scares me Click here to enlarge
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-15-2004, 01:47 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Quote:
Originally posted by Msercurxy (L-IL)
Ambien is catagory C--which means there are no known problems with it. Theoretically if a mom was taking it all the time, the baby would be at risk of withdrawal symptoms, but just taking it once a day for sleep wouldn't be a problem.
Are you sure? Diflucan is a category C drug and there have been known cases of it causing birth defects. It is considered safe for one time use for a yeast infection, but long term for thrush while pg is dangerous. My ob won't rx anything that isn't an A or B unless there is a damned good reason for it.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-15-2004, 02:00 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

http://my.webmd.com/hw/drug_data/d00...tselectedguid={5fe84e90-bc77-4056-a91c-9531713ca348}

Quote:
Zolpidem is in the FDA pregnancy category B. This means that it is unlikely to harm an unborn baby. Do not take zolpidem without first talking to your doctor if you are pregnant or could become pregnant during treatment.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-15-2004, 02:45 PM
Heels
Ambulance Chaser

Ahhh, I forgot Naomi's hallucinations. I just remembered that my neighbor (who has taken Ambien EVERY NIGHT for the past almost 3 years) was told to wean off of it before ttc/getting pregnant.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-15-2004, 03:04 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

They gave it to me every night in HRP. Click here to enlarge
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-15-2004, 03:07 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

I'm a huge insomniac. I have to rotate taking Ambien and Remeron to be able to sleep. Click here to enlarge

Both were approved by my OB. Click here to enlarge
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-16-2004, 02:50 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via AIM to MSRX Send a message via Yahoo to MSRX
You are all right, it is catagory B. I thought it was B, but when I looked it up on Medscape, that said it was catagory C. I checked the actual info on www.ambien.com, and it is catagory B.

(The actual info if anyone is interestedClick here to enlarge
Teratogenic effects: Pregnancy Category B. Studies to assess the effects of zolpidem on human reproduction and development have not been conducted.

Teratology studies were conducted in rats and rabbits.

In rats, adverse maternal and fetal effects occurred at 20 and 100 mg base/kg and included dose-related maternal lethargy and ataxia and a dose-related trend to incomplete ossification of fetal skull bones. Underossification of various fetal bones indicates a delay in maturation and is often seen in rats treated with sedative/hypnotic drugs. There were no teratogenic effects after zolpidem administration. The no-effect dose for maternal or fetal toxicity was 4 mg base/kg or 5 times the maximum human dose on a mg/m2 basis.

In rabbits, dose-related maternal sedation and decreased weight gain occurred at all doses tested. At the high dose, 16 mg base/kg, there was an increase in postimplantation fetal loss and underossification of sternebrae in viable fetuses. These fetal findings in rabbits are often secondary to reductions in maternal weight gain. There were no frank teratogenic effects. The no-effect dose for fetal toxicity was 4 mg base/kg or 7 times the maximum human dose on a mg/m2 basis.

Because animal reproduction studies are not always predictive of human response, this drug should be used during pregnancy only if clearly needed.

Nonteratogenic effects: Studies to assess the effects on children whose mothers took zolpidem during pregnancy have not been conducted. However, children born of mothers taking sedative/hypnotic drugs may be at some risk for withdrawal symptoms from the drug during the postnatal period. In addition, neonatal flaccidity has been reported in infants born of mothers who received sedative/hypnotic drugs during pregnancy.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in