"I miss my wife's body"... - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Gestation Station Got placenta? All knocked up and no place to post? Then join the fertile myrtles in Whormone Alley for your 40 week wait! You’ll fit right in with these whoremoanal hussies.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 08:07 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

"I miss my wife's body"...

This was NOT said by my dh or you would have seen me on the 6PM news. Click here to enlarge

I was in class this am and there is a woman with an incredible body. Incredible. A fellow students wife is pg and she is about 28 weeks. To my knowledge she has a beautiful body, has gained minimal weight and has only popped out these last few weeks. I don't find this to be an excuse though.

So, a group of us were talking about this woman's figure, etc and fellow student says "I really miss my wife's body". I think I was the only one who caught it, but it really caught me off guard. For a moment, but only a moment Click here to enlarge I was speechless.

I called him insensitive, told him don't ever say that to her, and then an asshole. He kinda "meh" the whole thing and then we took a test.

Was I too sensitive about the statement? I could care less about taking back my statements, but did I overreact?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 08:49 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Don't be afraid to tell it like it is...

Doesn't he think that his wife will miss bladder control? What do call a man who is a stunned cunt?
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 08:54 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Well, I believe he probably does miss it, he just probably should have kept that with his inside voice. Click here to enlarge Some men embrace the pregnant body, being able to see the beauty of what is happening. Others are a little more selfish, like your classmate. Dufus. Click here to enlarge Me, I miss my body already. I'm of the selfish camp. Click here to enlarge
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-29-2005, 07:07 AM
aly
Unsupportive Freeloader

I miss my body too. Click here to enlarge But if my husband ever said that to me, I would definitely be hurt. But that guy has to realize she's not going to be like that forever...it's only a limited thing. I mean...odds are if she had a nice body before like you say, it will probably be way easier for her to get back in shape. Me, I was already about 20 lbs over my goal when I got pregnant, so I have a ways to go to get back the body I miss.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-29-2005, 07:13 AM
aly
Unsupportive Freeloader

I hit submit too soon, but I don't think you were oversensitive or overreacting. A former male co-worker said that I was looking "hefty" the other day and asked if I had a baby in there. He hadn't seen me since I've been pregnant. Anyway, he must have felt bad that he said that because he told his wife about it and got scolded by her. She taught him right then and there what NOT to say to pregnant women. He apologized to me the next day and told me his wife yelled at him.

I'm sure this guy's wife would appreciate you making him think twice about what's coming out of his mouth, before he goes and hurts her feelings over something temporary. And over something she's probably already sensitive about. I don't think you overreacted. Click here to enlarge
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-29-2005, 07:31 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

My grandmother told my mother on the phone the other day that I was "large."

She also told me that she couldn't put her arms around me when she hugged me.

She told me that my pregnancy was really agreeing with me--from the neck up.

She said--when feeling the baby kick--that my "belly is all FLABBY." (It's as hard as freaking basketball right now.)

She asked what size bra I was wearing.

She told me that when she was pregnant, no one could tell, and added that she never got stretch marks.

EVERY single word of it hurt me. I came home from Pittsburgh and cried. I cried when talking to my mom about it, and she just said that I needed to "let it go." I would have felt a whole lot better if my mom had called my Gram and laid into her. I understand why she didn't, but I wish that someone had spoken up for me, because lawd knows I was so shocked and hurt that I couldn't do it.

So, I guess the point of this long ass post is: good on ya, Beavis. He needed to hear it.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-29-2005, 09:31 AM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

I don't miss my body from now, I miss it from 6 years ago. Click here to enlarge No dh, no ds, no nothing. Click here to enlarge

MLM-sorry to hear that. People can be so fucking insensitive.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-30-2005, 08:03 PM
Ambulance Chaser

What an asshole. I hope his wife has seriously good self esteem, and great support from elsewhere in her life.

Being pregnant is freaking hard enough without others judging you. I am glad you gave him a dose of truth.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-30-2005, 11:45 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Quote:
Originally posted by MamaVonLuvMuffin
My grandmother told my mother on the phone the other day that I was "large."

She also told me that she couldn't put her arms around me when she hugged me.

She told me that my pregnancy was really agreeing with me--from the neck up.

She said--when feeling the baby kick--that my "belly is all FLABBY." (It's as hard as freaking basketball right now.)

She asked what size bra I was wearing.

She told me that when she was pregnant, no one could tell, and added that she never got stretch marks.

EVERY single word of it hurt me. I came home from Pittsburgh and cried. I cried when talking to my mom about it, and she just said that I needed to "let it go." I would have felt a whole lot better if my mom had called my Gram and laid into her. I understand why she didn't, but I wish that someone had spoken up for me, because lawd knows I was so shocked and hurt that I couldn't do it.

So, I guess the point of this long ass post is: good on ya, Beavis. He needed to hear it.
What your grandmother said..sucked. Sometimes people say things without thinking. I call that diareah of the mouth. You need to tell your grandmother exactly how you feel, or she will do it again.

I don't know what your bra size has to do with a pregnancy.

I know that they get bigger..but really..why would anyone point any of that out.

What's really terrible..when I was pg with #1 this guy who worked in the next office (mind you..we're in the Coast Guard and this man has two of his own kids..) says "it looks like you're having twins." I did get really big (I gained 100lbs total..50 of it was water...) but he should have kept his mouth shut. I did all the ordering for his office..so when I came off of maternity leave..all his orders went on the bottom of the damn pile..fucker.

What goes around comes around..
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-01-2005, 05:37 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Dh knows to never say anything to me like that. I think I still look good for having 2 kids and another on the way. He tells me all the time that I look just as good as the day I met him. Now he usually only tells me that during foreplay, but I do hear it and believe it.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-01-2005, 09:33 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to Hatchy Milatchy
I am sure she misses her body too. What an ass he was for saying that. Click here to enlarge

MVLM, my dh's grandmother was the SAME way with me when I was pregnant. Bragging about how no one knew she was pregnant and she worked right up until she deliverd the baby, delivered her baby in the upstair bedroom, and went back to work a few days later (she worked when her dh was home so there was always someone with the kids). Like it's a badge of honor not to show at all when pregnant.

She also lost 1 baby a few days after birth, and almost lost my FIL because he was premature. Click here to enlarge
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-01-2005, 10:37 AM
aly
Unsupportive Freeloader

Quote:
Originally posted by Hatchy Milatchy MVLM, my dh's grandmother was the SAME way with me when I was pregnant. Bragging about how no one knew she was pregnant and she worked right up until she deliverd the baby, delivered her baby in the upstair bedroom, and went back to work a few days later (she worked when her dh was home so there was always someone with the kids). Like it's a badge of honor not to show at all when pregnant.
Click here to enlarge

My grandma's friend (a 75 year old lady from Germany) did the same thing to me when I was visiting my Grandma. Talking about how big I was (I wasn't at the time) and how she never showed. *eye roll* It's so dumb. My grandma apologized for her later, and during the lady's spiel, she even took up for me and told the lady stuff like, "Oh she's not big!" and scoffed. Good old Grandma. Click here to enlarge

My mom would brag too, about how she supposedly didn't show at all until she was 7 months. Whatever. I don't believe that at all.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-01-2005, 12:09 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Yeah. MIL says she wasn't in maternity clothes with DH until late May...he's birthday is July 8. My mom claims she never wore them. I'm going to tell my kids that I was concave when I was pregnant, since we have the ability to forget what we really looked like!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in