Aly - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Gestation Station Got placenta? All knocked up and no place to post? Then join the fertile myrtles in Whormone Alley for your 40 week wait! You’ll fit right in with these whoremoanal hussies.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 10:50 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Aly

So what's the latest with you?

Are you still "late" like me, or are you holding a little baby yet?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-26-2005, 04:55 AM
aly
Unsupportive Freeloader

Late. Click here to enlarge

I have an appt during lunch today so we'll see what the doctor says.

Have you been to see yours yet?

Based on my last period my due date was 8/29, the reason I got a date of 8/22 was from an early u/s. They also said since I was on the Pill that all bets are off as to when I ovulated, so I have no idea if the 29th is really my 40 week mark or if last Monday was...which makes me confused about whether I should opt for induction or wait longer...Click here to enlarge
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-26-2005, 08:45 AM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

I go again monday morning local time (sunday evening for those in the states). If I make it to that appointment, I think she's going to lean on me pretty hard to induce within a day or so.

Even though just about the first thing I said when I met her was, "I don't want to be induced unless it is absolutely necessary," she's now saying things like, "I''d rather not let you go all the way to 42 weeks." Guess we'll see. I'm actually only up at the computer at this hour because I had a couple of contractions (again), but of course they've stopped (again).
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-26-2005, 11:56 AM
aly
Unsupportive Freeloader

I just got back from my appointment.

I'm 40w4d and no dilation or thinning going on. No contractions, practice or otherwise as of yet. The doctor brought up induction today, and we scheduled a date of 9/1/05, next Thursday. I will be 41w3d at that point. I'm a little nervous about going in for an induction (especially if I don't at least start to dilate or thin out at all before then) and nervous about going through all of it just to wind up with a C Section.

I'm scheduled for a Non Stress Test Tuesday at 4pm, then another doctor's appointment with a different doctor (that way I can get a second opinion -- even though it is the same practice) Wednesday at 2pm.

Baby is head down and there doesn't seem to be any major concerns other than they don't want me to go past 42 weeks due to the complications that could occur from going post-term. Click here to enlarge
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-26-2005, 01:10 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Good luck Aly. Please keep us posted...I am holding you to a trip to the Gap Outlet soon.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-27-2005, 05:17 AM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Wow. Why so early though? Why only 41 and 3 days, especially if you think your dates might be off on the early side?

I'm a little worried for you. If it really is a bit earlier, than an induction will be harder, and less likely to be successful for a vag. (Oh, I just re-read, and you seem to have the same concern)

Go with what makes you most comfortable, of course. For me though, I think I might push for those extra few days, if your cervix isn't really doing anything yet.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-27-2005, 06:53 AM
aly
Unsupportive Freeloader

I raised those concerns with the Dr yesterday. Turns out the best estimate of my due date they have is my 1st trimester ultrasound (I had 4 of them due to bleeding) and since I was on the Pill when I conceived they can't rely on the date of my last period. So to the best of their knowledge and everything they have to go on, I was 40 weeks on August 22.

So being 40 weeks on August 22, that would make me 1 week overdue on August 29, 2 weeks overdue September 5th. My doctors schedule inductions on Wednesdays and Thursdays, so I picked Thursday 9/1 since waiting until the following week would make me already past 42 weeks. I plan on asking the other doctor at my next appointment how bad it would be to put the induction off until Wednesday, 9/7 (42w3d) but I'm not sure how he will react to that. Of course, my non-stress test on this coming Tuesday will give me a good idea if the baby is doing okay in there and if he's doing just fine, I might push them to give me more time (ie Labor Day weekend) in order to go on my own. How they will react to that, and how they will advise me, I don't know. I know they say there are some dangers to the baby if you go past 42 weeks as in the meconium issue, etc.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-27-2005, 12:11 PM
My biggest fear is that there is no PMS and that this is my personality.
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to Twinklestars
Aly, ask for a BPP/Biophysical Profile. It is a much better indicator than just an NST. If you go in with a full/semi-full bladder, the tech amy be able to get a good look at your cervix too!

I am not one of those who believe - broadly speaking - that women are better than men. We have not wrecked railroads, nor corrupted legislatures, nor done many unholy things that men have done; but then we must remember that we have not had the chance.- Jane Addams
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-27-2005, 12:42 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to troubled
I'm not reading your posts anymore. You two are bad luck with all this over due date stuff. Click here to enlarge

Soon you will have your little ones to cuddle Click here to enlarge
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-28-2005, 01:31 PM
aly
Unsupportive Freeloader

I woke up at 4:30am Eastern feeling wet, hoping and thinking that my water had Click here to enlarge. Found out it was blood, went to the bathroom and passed a big bloody clot which I hoped (and thought at the time) was my mucous plug. I wiped and it was bloody. I thought it was my bloody show and mucous plug, but I got out my books just to be sure. The books all say it should be pink or brownish, not bright red...but I mean, it's blood, and it was red. Click here to enlarge

I had some off and on light cramps. Nothing consistent and when I had the cramps, my uterus didn't feel tight all over. I didn't want to call the doctor if it was just the bloody show, but the fact that it was a big clot and then red blood...I was just concerned it could be a placental abruption.

I went back to sleep since I wasn't bleeding heavily. I got up at 9am or so and I had another clot of blood, smaller this time and still had some bleeding. I searched the internet like a rabid dog before I finally decided I should call the doctor just to be absolutely sure that the bleeding was my mucous plug and bloody show and not an abruption. Plus, given my early placental tear in the first trimester, I wanted to be safe than sorry.

I went into L&D around 11:30 and was there for about an hour. They monitored me and the baby's heart rate was just fine, I wasn't contracting at all though just as I thought. His movement was fine, everything looked good so it was in fact just my mucous plug and bloody show. The bleeding had died off by then and things are fine now. I just wish I'd get some contractions! He said I'm a fingertip dilated so I guess my cervix is just starting to do it's thing. I wish it would speed up so I don't have to be induced on Thursday.

Let's hope.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-28-2005, 02:15 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Sounds like things are moving along aly!! Click here to enlarge I hope you are holding your little one soon. Click here to enlarge
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-28-2005, 06:10 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Hey, all My baby books said that you usallly go into labor within 24 hours of the "bloody show" (when the mucous plug is bloody). That wasn't the case for me Click here to enlarge but it should give you hope that it's usual to go into labor quite shortly after that.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-28-2005, 07:36 PM
aly
Unsupportive Freeloader

Quote:
Originally posted by Lasagna
Hey, all My baby books said that you usallly go into labor within 24 hours of the "bloody show" (when the mucous plug is bloody). That wasn't the case for me Click here to enlarge but it should give you hope that it's usual to go into labor quite shortly after that.
Yeah, I remember you mentioning that and that's what I've read too.

Still, no labor yet and not a smidgeon of a contraction. Click here to enlarge

Grr.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in