I am so hormonal - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Gestation Station Got placenta? All knocked up and no place to post? Then join the fertile myrtles in Whormone Alley for your 40 week wait! You’ll fit right in with these whoremoanal hussies.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-24-2005, 05:54 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Location: trying to claw my way out of this ridiculous fucking obsession

Send a message via Yahoo to Julie Ruin
Unhappy I am so hormonal

My mom picked up a book by Mr. Rogers for firstborn children about having a new baby in the house. There is this one part where he's talking about how sometimes it may seem like your parents don't have time for you anymore, because they're always paying so much attention to the new baby, and the accompanying picture about did me in. It's a little boy, holding his teddy bear, with a little dump truck at his feet. Click here to enlarge You guys, Liam's favorite toy is a dump truck, and he also has a teddy bear he just loves.

I lost it and started sobbing. Click here to enlarge The thought of Liam being sad because we don't have enough time for him is breaking my heart.

Click here to enlarge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-24-2005, 08:11 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to Olive
I won't lie and say it's easy. It's only been a week, and I already feel like I'm not giving Emma as much as I'd like. I know it's completely normal to feel this way...and I know it's completely normal for it to be happening. But it's still really hard.

I think that we're doing our best to make sure that Emma is included in everything, but we're also making sure to make certain things about just her.

I hope it gets easier once Spencer doesn't need 24 hour care.

Petition the White House to Adopt the Chartreuse Awareness Ribbon for the Prevention of Child Sexual Abuse.

"While there are many colors for various causes, (for example, Child Abuse and Autism both share the same color ribbon) there is no nationally recognized ribbon in chartreuse. Child sexual abuse affects so many children and yet prevention organizations struggle to receive the funding they need to raise awareness and educate people on all the simple ways we can empower our children, families, and communities against abuse."
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-24-2005, 09:29 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Send a message via Yahoo to Olive
Oh, and because of this thread, I had myself a good postpartum hormonal cry. Click here to enlarge Emma wiped my eyes. Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge

Petition the White House to Adopt the Chartreuse Awareness Ribbon for the Prevention of Child Sexual Abuse.

"While there are many colors for various causes, (for example, Child Abuse and Autism both share the same color ribbon) there is no nationally recognized ribbon in chartreuse. Child sexual abuse affects so many children and yet prevention organizations struggle to receive the funding they need to raise awareness and educate people on all the simple ways we can empower our children, families, and communities against abuse."
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-25-2005, 07:53 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to troubled
Jeebus Click here to enlarge

K is acting out a bit now. It is tough when I'm rocking the baby to sleep and he wants me to put him down.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-25-2005, 09:55 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

sorry guys. Click here to enlarge i didn't mean to make y'all cry.

i am just praying he does ok w/having a little brother.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-26-2005, 12:17 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to latty
Just a lurker here, but having been through this twice I wanted to offer some reassurance. The first three months after having our second I was a wreck. But I quickly saw that whatever attention our oldest lost from us she more than gained from her sister who adored her. At 6, 4 and 2 our girls are co-conspirators, confidantes, rivals, companions, friends, tormentors and allies. It will be an adjustment, for sure, but one that will bring much more joy than angst.

Good luck!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-26-2005, 07:48 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

It was definitely hard for all of us to adjust from having one child to having two. My first was 2yo when the 2nd was born. He was very needy at that time and it was hard for us, especially since I was sitting down breastfeeding the baby almost non-stop.

What worked for us is having dh spend a lot of one on one time with the older child. They went and did a lot of things together, played together, etc. He (ds) also spent some time with Grandma which he thought was great. He got a LOT of attention from all the grandparents.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-27-2005, 03:54 AM
Bite Me
Ambulance Chaser

Click here to enlarge with latty. i read somewhere that if both kids want to sit on your lap and the baby doesn't need feeding, pass the kidlet off to daddy and spend time with the older kid. if you are lucky to have a grandparent around like beachClick here to enlarge, that is a great idea too.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-27-2005, 05:43 AM
Sulphur Crested Cockatoo
Hard-Core Sybermom

This is a big fear of mine. Dh will (hopefully) be home for about two weeks after the baby is home and should be home for good when the baby is 3-4 months. K is very much a Click here to enlarge's boy and doesn't like it when I have others in my lap, etc.

Hopefully it won't be as bad as I imagine.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-27-2005, 07:51 AM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

those of you who have already been through this, thanks for the reassurance...i appreciate the input. i do have my ILs around, and they're very helpful--i'm sure that will be great. i seriously think i'm more nervous about this than i was about anything before Liam was born.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-27-2005, 12:18 PM
Ambulance Chaser

I am very afraid of this too. I have one child now and she is extremely attached to me. It's gonna be hard I think.Click here to enlarge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in