"You look miserable" - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Gestation Station Got placenta? All knocked up and no place to post? Then join the fertile myrtles in Whormone Alley for your 40 week wait! Youíll fit right in with these whoremoanal hussies.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 06:28 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

"You look miserable"

I've gotten the "Wow, you're HUGE" and "Are you having twins?" and all of those comments, but today took the cake.

I got my haircut last week and hated it. I've been wearing bandanas and hats ever since. Today I got it fixed and am feeling so much better. I put on some makeup, have a new hairdo, and I was feeling pretty good about myself.

I smile at this lady as I walk into the store and she says to me, "You look miserable."

How could she think that was a nice thing to say? Seriously.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 07:15 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

I hate comments like that. Today the nutritionalist told me that my face looked swollen. I was not happy because I have been doing so well with my swelling and weight. I am not swollen in the face at all....yet.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 07:20 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

And what do you say to that? "Actually, my face is always this fat, but thanks for noticing."
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 07:27 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Actually I just smiled and said, "I thought I was doing fine with my swelling". I wanted to tell her that her ass looked swollen too, but I bit my tongue.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 08:06 AM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

Quote:
Originally posted by BeachMama
And what do you say to that? "Actually, my face is always this fat, but thanks for noticing."

Click here to enlarge

I've had an unprecedented week for insensitive comments from people too--are the planets aligned just so or something? Click here to enlarge

Yesterday no less than 3 different people in Sam's asked me if I was okay, could they push my cart for me, etc. Click here to enlarge I felt fine, but apparently looked like death warmed over.

"Hands that help are far better than lips that pray."

--Robert G. Ingersoll (1833-1899)
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-05-2006, 09:02 PM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Push your cart for you? That is just strange!

Well, the next day someone atually complimented me (which never happens during pg from strangers). The cashier at Wal mart (young girl, maybe 20?) said, "I just have to tell you that you are the cutest pregnant woman ever!" I thanked her and said how much it meant to me and told her what I'd been told the day before. She said, "No, you don't look miserable at all. You are totally glowing and look beautiful. You're all belly and it's so cute!"

Then I went and bought her a best friend necklace for $2.95. Click here to enlarge
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-05-2006, 11:14 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Send a message via Yahoo to Hatchy Milatchy
Click here to enlarge

That girl would make a great LD nurse with that attitude. Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in