Thank goodness I'm carrying this child. - Sybermoms Parenting Forum
Gestation Station Got placenta? All knocked up and no place to post? Then join the fertile myrtles in Whormone Alley for your 40 week wait! You’ll fit right in with these whoremoanal hussies.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 06:27 AM Thread Starter
Unsupportive Freeloader

Thank goodness I'm carrying this child.

Because my dh just doesn't get it.

He's had the stomach flu for days, and unintentionally contaminated my toothbrush (so basically it's a miracle I'm not sick yet). So he calls me this morning because he's feeling very guilty...to tell me that if I start to feel sick to take the prescription the doctors wrote for him to stave off the excessive vomiting.

Okay, his heart is in the right place, but I explained to him (as I have in the past) that I can't just take random medication. Apparently he feels that since I know dehydration is bad, that taking this medication...whatever it may be...must be better. Uh, if I can't take ibuprofen, that should be a pretty good indication of the fact that really inocuous drugs can be a problem.

Anyway, I told him thanks but no thanks and that I would call my OB if I started throwing up and said a silent thank you to mother nature for making the chicks carry the kids. Click here to enlarge

/random
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 06:55 AM
Unsupportive Freeloader

Sometimes our Dh's are amazingly dense. Mine left me with HUGE bottle of Advill earlier in this pregnancy, and when I complained of a headache, he said 'We just baught Advil....'.

You would think that seeing how this isn't our first kid, he would have rememberd from the last few times around. Click here to enlarge
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 01:59 PM
Unsupportive Freeloader

My dh has told me repeatedly he could never do it. Ever. And with morning sickness he was so distraught with me getting sick so often he just KNEW there was a magical cure. He was so frustrated and was up the midwife's ass with "there HAS to be something for this by now".

Kind of along the lines with the cure for the common cold I guess. Click here to enlarge
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 03:04 PM
Wayward Wombat
Hard-Core Sybermom

My SO talks of long fishing trips this summer with DD and the new baby Click here to enlarge

And what am I going to do with a nursing newborn in the hot sun on a boat? Click here to enlarge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sybermoms Parenting Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Do NOT use an AOL email address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in