Sybermoms Parenting Forum

Sybermoms Parenting Forum (https://www.sybermoms.com/forums/)
-   Gestation Station (https://www.sybermoms.com/forums/30-gestation-station/)
-   -   Okay, I LOVE my OB. (https://www.sybermoms.com/forums/30-gestation-station/462296-okay-i-love-my-ob.html)

Callie 04-09-2007 08:02 AM

Okay, I LOVE my OB.

I told SO that if I could have designed an OB, he is exactly what I would have made. :lol

Friday was my first appt where I actually got to meet the high risk doctor in the OB practice I chose. He did my nuchal fold screen on Friday and he is just so incredibly wonderful. :love

He is one of the few doctors I have had lately who took the time to read my chart and understand what was going on before he even got in the room. He knew exactly what I was talking about when I brought up the uterine issue I have, and knew my history perfectly. He and I talked for a very long time about risks and strategies, etc.

Basically, he said that most of the patients he saw with unicornuate uterus (yay! he's seen others!) carry to 34-35 weeks with no real problem. He'll be monitoring my cervix heavily starting at 22 weeks and seeing me every week at 26 weeks since that's when fetal weight gain really takes off. He checked the growth percentile I am in and reassured me that everything looked okay and that I was in a good percentile and that everything looked great so far. He was confident, reassuring, and very gentle about explaining everything to me, and he kept using my name and touching my stomach (I was laid out on an u/s table) and leg to emphasize his points.

:love I am so, so happy that he's so awesome.

The NT screen was fabulous, btw, and my risk of Down's is like 1:10,000 and risk of other trisomy issues are 1:15,000. But more importantly, we got to count fingers and toes, and see the brain and other features we hadn't had a chance to see before.

We also got to see the baby sucking his thumb and right at the end of the ultrasound, he mooned us. :lol

SquigSoup 04-09-2007 08:08 AM

I'm glad you're happy with your OB! That's wonderful.

Redheaded Momma 04-09-2007 08:15 AM

Sounds like you have an awesome doc Callie.

Outnumbered 04-09-2007 09:36 AM

:ymca

So you know for sure it's a boy-child? Boy children RAWK :heart

High Society 04-09-2007 09:39 AM

So it is a boy? How did I miss that:lol? Congrats callie I'm so glad you have a great doc.

Callie 04-09-2007 09:43 AM

:lol No, we're just assuming since more than 50% of kids born as a result of fertility treatments are boys. :lol Something having to do with male sperm swimming faster and the precise timing of ovulation, etc.

Outnumbered 04-09-2007 09:48 AM

oooooo.....how many weeks are you now? When do you find out?

toesucker 04-09-2007 10:21 AM

Callie, that is great news!! I'm so glad you got see fingers and toes. This is a time when you really need someone you can trust and love, and I'm glad your Ob is proving to be up to par!

Callie 04-09-2007 11:16 AM

I'll only be 14 weeks on Thursday. :lol But we are not finding out the sex. We (well, okay, I am the one who feels strongly) want something to be a surprise. :love

TwoDee 04-09-2007 11:18 AM

Your OB sounds wonderful! I'm glad you had such a great appointment. :love

LetThereBeLips 04-09-2007 11:49 AM

:love

Noodle 04-09-2007 02:34 PM

How wonderful , it makes all the difference in the world.

swollentatas adoptivemommy 04-09-2007 02:45 PM

Some of us want to shop and buy cute canukistan clothing for your child. Can I have your OB's # :?

Juniper 04-09-2007 03:57 PM

:clap That sounds so great. I am so excited that you've found an OB who will be so attentive to your issues. Congratulations!

Also, I'm really glad the baby is healthy, but I'm terribly disappointed that you won't be finding out the gender. Bother. :lol

Limeade 04-09-2007 06:23 PM

:clap I'm glad you've found such a great doctor. :love

bleedsink 04-09-2007 07:16 PM

:clap
I'm glad your so happy with your doctor!!

:love

Madame Merlot 04-10-2007 06:18 AM

:D Sounds like an awesome doc.