Sybermoms Parenting Forum

Sybermoms Parenting Forum (https://www.sybermoms.com/forums/)
-   Gestation Station (https://www.sybermoms.com/forums/30-gestation-station/)
-   -   I need fatigue fighting ideas.. (https://www.sybermoms.com/forums/30-gestation-station/488811-i-need-fatigue-fighting-ideas.html)

Nodakbabe 09-24-2007 04:53 PM

I need fatigue fighting ideas..

I can't take it anymore, everyday around 2pm, I just get drained. I've nearly fallen asleep sitting up on the couch at times. I can't really take a nap, 5year old is well past napping age.

Today I was trying to fold clothes while watching tv when the fatigue hit. I seriously had the clothing in my hands, and my eyelids started to fall.

Any ideas?

Dr. Nurse 09-24-2007 04:55 PM

At 5 can he be trusted to watch a little t.v. and stay in the room with you?

I fall asleep sitting up almost daily still, I'm pretty sure that working evenings (you do too right?) isn't helping at all either.

Nodakbabe 09-24-2007 05:02 PM

I do yeah..but I'm down to 2 nights a week, and no more then 3 weekends a month.

And yes, I can trust him to not get into stuff and just sit and either play on the computer or with his Leapster(my "it's quiet time for mom" activities for him)

MKE 09-24-2007 05:33 PM

If you figure it out, let me know. :lol I take DS to school at 8, come home and set the kitchen timer for an hour to get more sleep. I go back to get him at 10:45. I'm pretty sure I'll be in bed by 8 tonight.

Nodakbabe 09-25-2007 08:56 AM

I try to do that on the mornings that DS has preschool, but often times, that's my "finally, no kids, errand running time".

Like Thursday, I'm running into town while DS is in preschool,and hitting a church rummage sale. $3 bag sale, I'm hoping I'll manage to find more fat clothes, maybe some neutral colored baby clothes, and various stuff like that. Oh..and wool sweaters, flannel shirts, and various other clothing items that I can use to make diaper covers and diapers.

I love church rummage sales. :lol

So, should I just not fight it, and let myself rest during that time? It's hard though, my house is looking like a tornado hit it right now.

melissab 09-25-2007 04:18 PM

I have rest periods, I lie down. I don't close my eyes though because my 4yr old will have everything turned upside down if I blink. I just go to bed early and hope that I can sleep for a few hours that way.

Dr. Nurse 09-26-2007 04:01 AM

Don't fight it :grope you're creating life and all that jazz, being tired is normal, taking naps is normal. Screw the house, at least that's my mantra for now :lol.

Nodakbabe 09-26-2007 05:46 AM

I know that, but it's hard, especially since I'm here by myself, so I always have to make sure I have dishes done so I can make supper. Plus cook supper. And laundry, I'm really tempted to just haul it all to the laundromat and get it done in one swoop..I just can't bring myself to waste money like that though. Poor DS, he went to school today wearing my socks, well, not a huge deal since they're white(and our feet are the same size right now), but it's the only clean pair I could find for him.

Blech..Change in weather hasn't helped either.

Maybe it's just time for my boss's mom to babysit again, she helped me out the last time she babysat, she did all my dishes, all my laundry(except putting it away) and cleaned up the living room. I about kissed her. :lol

SmoothieOperator 09-26-2007 05:55 AM

This is why I am kicking myself for taking 15 credits this semester :crybaby

Nodakbabe 09-26-2007 06:08 AM

Ouch, 15 credits?!

If it ever dries out enough in the back yard, I need to rake it too. My lawnmower wouldn't start for a few weeks, and in the fence got horribly overgrown. Well..in the fence is also where the dogs do their thing, so I think you can see why I need to rake, now that it's been mowed.